Since it was produce basket+ delivery day, we knew wouldn't up for cooking. I pulled some smoked salmon and some bagels out of the freezer and that's what we had. There was cream cheese, sliced onion, capers, and pickles to go with that. There was a bit of excitement with the pickles. It was a new jar. DH had a heck of a time getting open, using two ratcheting devices to do it. He can usually open jars that other people can't, without any devices. Well, that lid did not want to budge. And then it did. The lid flew off and the jar jumped out of DH's hands and there were three pickles on the floor and a bunch of brine. There was now not enough brine to cover the pickles. After supper, I brought out some sliced pickles, from the same company, Strubs, that were also fermented. We put the rest of the sliced pickles in with the whole pickles and some of the brine from the container of sliced pickles into the jar of whole pickles. That solved the brine problem and the problem of the problematic container for the sliced pickles. It was hard to open and usually sloshed some brine when finally opened. Sort of weird to have both sliced and whole pickles in one jar, but it will work for us. Supper was delicious, as expected. No pix, 'cause you all know what lox on bagels with a schmear looks like.