Dinner Monday, 10-7-2019, what's on your plate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Cobb salad tonight, chicken, bacon, HB eggs, grape tomatoes, mushrooms, cucumbers, avocado, bleu cheese. Romaine underneath.

Attachments

• 2019-10-07 17.31.44.jpg
    2019-10-07 17.31.44.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 124
Filet Mignon, Sauteed Mushrooms in butter & Cabernet, Steamed Asparagus, Salad w/ Thousand Island Dressing...

Filet Mignon.jpg

Sorry I missed dinner, I’m hoping you saved leftovers for me tomorrow. :)

Mine will be more bland tonight even now that the weather is starting to break in north Texas
Looks like time to get back in the groove of heating up the kitchen with the oven :chef:

Cobb salad tonight, chicken, bacon, HB eggs, grape tomatoes, mushrooms, cucumbers, avocado, bleu cheese. Romaine underneath.

That's really a beautiful "proper" Cobb salad Med! I love it done so perfectly like that. There was a time no good restaurant would serve a tossed Cobb salad, and the last time I was served one, I sent it back. It takes time to line it up properly and maybe nobody but me cares about things like that anymore. Anyway, it's just gorgeous, and I love taking a forkful of bit of this and a bit of that.

We're having hamburgers tonight, but I wish I had your Cobb Salad! :yum:

I had a Wendy's Apple, Pecan and chicken salad (Half order).

I'm nodding my head in agreement with what Kay said, Karen....that is one beautiful and delicious looking Cobb salad! :yum:

Lucky, loving the looks of your filet mignon dinner this evening.

I pulled a small vacuum sealed packet of recently roasted rare tri tip from the freezer this afternoon. Gently warmed it, and had roasted asparagus and a sliced apple for sides. Daughter and grandson went apple picking last weekend and gave me a bagful, so I've been enjoying one or two every day.

Lucky, Medtran, those supper pictures are making me drool.

Stirling still isn't feeling well, so he had leftover pizza. I had leftover lamb patiala. Later I had a snack. I made a spread of cream cheese, some sour cream (it was an oops. It should have been more cream cheese, but it worked well to make it more spreadable), chopped walnuts, olives, and pickled jalapenos, and a bit of Jamaican hot sauce. I spread that on Wasa rye crisp bread and topped it with a slice of ham. Oh yeah, that was tasty.

taxy, I hope Stirling is over his nasty cold soon. ~ And now I have a taste for a cheeseball popular during the '70s and '80s - cream cheese, Parmesan, green olives, walnuts. I should mix some up soon.

Beautiful Cobb salad, medtran! Except for the Blue cheese. Not a fan, so you're welcome to my share.

...There was a time no good restaurant would serve a tossed Cobb salad, and the last time I was served one, I sent it back. It takes time to line it up properly and maybe nobody but me cares about things like that anymore...
Tossing it is the right and privilege of the customer, not the kitchen! I, too, like seeing it all lined up "proper".

We had a bland-but-tasty looking breakfast for supper tonight. I had my heart set on scrambled eggs with ham and onion, topped with cheddar cheese. However, Himself always gets a snack before bedtime...and he ate the ham. :ermm: I should have labeled it! :LOL: Skipped the onion, and just added the cheddar to the eggs. Also had home fries (slices, not cubes), breakfast sausages, and the last of the homemade applesauce.

Thanks all for the compliments! We always forget how good Cobbs are. I had to look it up to remind myself of all the ingredients and noticed a lot of pictures showing them tossed now. I guess it's a time saver, though it really doesn't take that much extra time to make the rows and is so much prettier when done properly.

Back
Top Bottom