Dinner, Friday 14th, Avril, 2023

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dragnlaw

Site Team
Staff member
Another loooong day of trains.
Stopped at the local bakery/prepared food/deli store. Grabbed some potato salad, lemon chicken cutlet, arancini with ham & cheese. Woofed down the potato salad - really! shame on me, was enuf for 2, so when the rice and cutlet came out of the oven - only had room for a bite or two. I'm sure my Great Aunt Jeannette is rolling over - she always despaired of my eating habits.
But the bite or two I had was delish! So am looking forward to brunch tomorrow.

How'd y'all fare with dinner tonight?

Two portions of potato salad,  dragn? For me, that would add a little more padding to each hip. :LOL:

We have leftovers. Good thing, too, since I grocery shopped today.
Edit @ 10:28 PM for spellingerror. It appears that there is a much larger editing window than our old 10 minute limit. Nice!

Last edited:
Well, that is probably adding to both my hips, belly AND butt. :ROFLMAO: :mad::sick::ROFLMAO:

Which makes me realize - I think that is the first food I have had as an order in/pick-up from outside the house since I moved here. Not that I ever did that at the farm either, can anyone remember me ever mentioning eating out? Aside from a hamburger while traveling back and forth from Quebec to here?

Well, that is probably adding to both my hips, belly AND butt. :ROFLMAO: :mad::sick::ROFLMAO:

Which makes me realize - I think that is the first food I have had as an order in/pick-up from outside the house since I moved here. Not that I ever did that at the farm either, can anyone remember me ever mentioning eating out? Aside from a hamburger while traveling back and forth from Quebec to here?
Careful...I think I see some drooling dragons!! :LOL:

Well, there was that time we had lunch at La Porte Grecque. :heart:
:yum:

We tried new stuff tonight. There were a couple of spinach and feta rolls in flaky pastry, bought with my produce basket. It was pretty good, but we prefer spanakopita. I made a cannelloni bean mash with garlic. That was quick and pretty good, but a little boring. I'll keep the recipe around because it is quick and easy. Last, but not least, were some quick breaded, ocean perch (AKA red fish) fillets. It was an intersting and easy way to bread fish, but I will make some changes next time. The fish was pleasant and mild. I definitely buy that fish again. It was in my bag in the freezer of foods that probably survived the power outage, but "sniff really carefully to be sure". I figure if fish still smelled fresh, that the rest of those foods will also be fine. However, I will still be subjecting them to the serious sniff test before cooking them. Not one of our best meals, but definitely adequate.

Attachments

• Ocean perch, cannelloni bean mash, and feta and spinach in puff pastry 2.jpg
    Ocean perch, cannelloni bean mash, and feta and spinach in puff pastry 2.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Ocean perch, cannelloni bean mash, and feta and spinach in puff pastry.jpg
    Ocean perch, cannelloni bean mash, and feta and spinach in puff pastry.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 2
I made an Aldi’s run, the refrigerator is full of possibilities.

I settled on a big crunchy dinner salad to use up last weeks greens and chicken fajitas using a scaled down version of this recipe from Spend with Pennies. 🐷🐷🐷

Back
Top Bottom