Dinner 1-12-23

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Since the weather here turned colder and we have a stiff wind, I went into my "cold weather food" mode. We had beef stew with potatoes, onions, and carrots, and crescent rolls (home made).
Ginny, thanks for reminding me about beef stroganoff. That will be on the menu if this cold weather stays.

Since the weather here turned colder and we have a stiff wind, I went into my "cold weather food" mode. We had beef stew with potatoes, onions, and carrots, and crescent rolls (home made).
Ginny, thanks for reminding me about beef stroganoff. That will be on the menu if this cold weather stays.
I'm planning on roasting stuff this weekend. Chicken, pork...or maybe that pork will be sous vide???

We had bachelor surprise (ground pork, chopped onion, Asian stir fry mix, corn, peas, brown basmati rice, seasonings) for supper. I didn't realize that I must have had a craving for this until I started eating it. That really hit the spot.

View attachment 63165View attachment 63166
The "Asian stir fry mix" is a frozen mix of vegis that I buy at the supermarket.

Main dish salad: chicory, red cabbage, broccoli slaw, kale, tomatoes, iceberg lettuce, broccoli sprouts, broccoli trees, korean braised soybeans, diced apples, pumpkin seeds, craisins, and ww croutons. Mustard or tomato dressing, black bean brownies.

Fridge soup with stock made from the skin and bones of a rotisserie chicken from the local Wegman’s.

I strained the stock and added celery, onion, carrot, mushrooms, and the outer leaves and tough stalks of a head of romaine.

A small handful of roasted peanuts and dark chocolate chips with an ice cold glass of skim milk for afters.

We're on the road, and we always leave late. Ended up eating salami on bagels in the car and ham and cheese on brioche rolls in the hotel. Lots of fresh veggies and fruits for snacks in between - carrots, celery, grape tomatoes, green grapes, and the best tasting, freshest raspberries we have had in ages! Thanks, Aldi! ($1.99 a container).

Back
Top Bottom