Dill pickle juice?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ImageUploadedByDiscuss Cooking1490624809.298827.jpg
GG is correct.
From my Heinz bottle.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around pickles made with 12% acidity...

I have talked to friends about this and depends on which pickle you make, either it is 12% or 6%. So still higher then yours even the mild kind.

My favorite store has taken in dill pickles... how ever there was only one broken jar left, more coming on Thursday.

I love the diversity in Members here in DC.
I can't even imagine going into any store ( In my area) that doesn't have Dill pickles or fresh dill readily available.
As I mentioned in another thread, I don't get out of the country much, so Im ignorant to whats readily available where ( or when). But any time I travel a distance from my house ( on vatcation or whenever), I always make it a point to drop in to a market, grocery store .... just to check out what's different in different regions. call me strange, but I get a kick our of that.

But any time I travel a distance from my house ( on vatcation or whenever), I always make it a point to drop in to a market, grocery store .... just to check out what's different in different regions. call me strange, but I get a kick our of that.

I'm like that too. I like the diversity of ingredients, the culture available in grocery stores or markets, everywhere I go. I've been known to bring a cooler on wheels instead of a suitcase, and come home with it filled with stuff we don't usually find locally.

Dill as in dill weed is easy to get, a in flowering dill, nope that July and August here.
We have a our version of pickles and even cucumbers in brine ( my favorites, yum), but it doesnt taste like yours.

75% of my friends are foodies and the other ones loves to eat, so we try each others food, culture heaven and sometimes crash. Pickles are so far heaven, we do love them but the twinkie incident comes to mind when it comes to crashes. Miss L and Mrs B got hold of a some boxes of twinkies to share with us Swede, well that went down like led balloon, it didnt suit us at all, it was too chemically, sweet and salty. But we got a good laugh and they got twinkies to eat. They havent so far learnt to like liquorice made with liqourice root instead of aniseed.

CakePoet, if you're ever interested in trying to make your own dill pickles, I posted "my" recipe last year: Crock Dill Pickles. My Dad had made the best dills, but I was unable to find the recipe card my Mom wrote up for it. A friend shared a recipe he uses, then I tweaked the daylights out of it until I got it to taste like my memory of Dad's pickles. Feel free to play around with it just a bit, but don't stray too far from the ratios so that the solution is still safe for preventing bacterial growth. However, if you want to try making just a quart, measure everything in 1/4 ratio to the recipe.

BTW, if dill heads aren't in the store yet (I make my first batch as soon as the cukes come to market and dill isn't setting seeds yet) I just go ahead and use a combination of dill weed (I can get fresh at our grocery store most of the year) and dried dill seeds. Still tastes good.

...But any time I travel a distance from my house ( on vatcation or whenever), I always make it a point to drop in to a market, grocery store .... just to check out what's different in different regions...
Guilty! When I was working as a food demonstrator at my local grocery store back home, Himself would call this my "bus man's holiday". :LOL: I haven't demo'd in years, but I still check out food places.

I travel and I end up in peoples kitchens, yeah I do one dish they do another. FUN.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom