Dehydrating Packaged Deli Meat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chef Munky

Honey Badger
Thought this would be a fun experiment to try in the very near future.
Why not make Beef Jerky with it. (Jerky in a pinch) I know who you guys are ;)
You should be very proud of yourselves. :)

Save the wallet for other things. Time to, slicing it just so. Let someone else do the work for you.
With the costs of beef going up, and not needing to buy so much I've been buying packaged roast beef when I want a Roast beef sammich.
Bought a few packages yesterday one just to experiment with.

Thought some of you might want to try this. Have a feeling what comes out of the dehydrator will be sealed up and stashed away like my Oreos. They never look in the crockpot. Plain sight. LOL!!!
Found this site. Looks good.

Munky.

My apologies,
For failing to look that site over with a fine tuned fork before I linked it here.
In the future it will be done. :)

Munky.

If would suggest using a more reliable site for information about preserving food at home. Some of the info on that site doesn't match what's recommended by the National Center for Home Food Preservation: https://nchfp.uga.edu/how/dry/jerky.html
This link uses raw meat for making jerky. The other one uses already cooked beef, so it should have far fewer microorganisms. However, how does one know how long that deli meat has been sitting around before it is bought? Sure, it's meant to be eaten without further cooking. But, is it safe to dehydrate it and store it for longer term?

Back
Top Bottom