Defrosting a Turkey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think that otuatail is aware that discussions change over time. That doesn't mean that they need notifications for every post in this thread, now that it is no longer of interest to them. Dragnlaw explained how to avoid getting those notifications. We're getting awfully close to beating a dead horse.

I just use Herb Flavor Pepperidge Farm stuffing CUBES. The crumbles turn to mush. Everyone loves it, so why bother with drying bread.

If we could find them, we most likely would use them. The last time I saw bread cubes for stuffing was 3 years ago. They were hidden on an end cap and I had to ask for them. The store manager did not know either, but helped me find them. No Pepperidge Farm either. It was Arnold.
The only thing we can find is stuffing mix already seasoned.
So I have to make bread cubes.

This so off topic now. Should be closed down. Or can I be removed from a thread I started?

No one is forcing you to participate in this thread. Besides, this place is for discussion. And its totally free.

The defrosting part of the thread was pretty well 'discussed' by the Discuss Cooking members and has evolved from the turkey to the dressing. That too will run out of comments and either die a natural death or who knows? May be revived by a new member 5 years down the road with something new to add!

This ^^^^^^^^

I do have a Thank button on my Lap top, but not on my phone.

The issue with the THANKS button is that members have complained they want a "LIKE" button on the post so they could just give it a quick 'click' like on FB. Our thank button requires more steps.

One more step, actually, Andy. Right? After selecting "Thanks", you then need to move the mouse to the top of the screen and click "OK"...or something like that. So. Much. Effort! [emoji849]

I rather like using the "Thanks" button as a shortcut to sending a short note. So much easier than having to go to the User page, open a compose box, and write a real personal message. Then again, neither option is either available or as easy if using the mobile app. Using my phone is my way of limiting time on DC or Facebook. [emoji1]

One more step, actually, Andy. Right? After selecting "Thanks", you then need to move the mouse to the top of the screen and click "OK"...or something like that. So. Much. Effort! [emoji849]

I rather like using the "Thanks" button as a shortcut to sending a short note. So much easier than having to go to the User page, open a compose box, and write a real personal message. Then again, neither option is either available or as easy if using the mobile app. Using my phone is my way of limiting time on DC or Facebook. [emoji1]

1. Click on THANKS
2. Click on "Send Your Thanks"
3. Click on "Close"

I'm not saying it's a huge burden, just that a quick click on a LIKE button would be a lot easier. It's a popular option on other sites.

1. Click on THANKS
3. Click on "Close"

I'm not saying it's a huge burden, just that a quick click on a LIKE button would be a lot easier. It's a popular option on other sites.

Agree, that and thumbs up emoji

1. Click on THANKS
3. Click on "Close"

+2!! Would love a Like button (with the several emoji options to choose from).

(BTW, the Xenforo platform has a like button.)

Last edited:
This might be a problem. If cooking from frozen then you would also be cooking the giblets. How about cooking it from frozen over night on a very low heat. maybe about 100c If it is 100c at the centre then that would be cooked.

Maybe it would need to be defrosted a bit at room temperature to get the giblets out. and then slow cooked.

Just, no. This is also a recipe for food poisoning as well as ensuring a horrible turkey.

Just completely defrost it safely and cook at 350 until it hits 160-165

I do have a Thank button on my Lap top, but not on my phone.
Its a private message. Not a like a real time "Thanks" button.
The issue with the THANKS button is that members have complained they want a "LIKE" button on the post so they could just give it a quick 'click' like on FB. Our thank button requires more steps.
It does and is frankly quite silly. And its easily done by the admin. I think its just a check box to add it?

1. Click on THANKS
3. Click on "Close"
Its SOP on every other forum I use.

+2!! Would love a Like button (with the several emoji options to choose from).
(BTW, the Xenforo platform has a like button.)
Correct. Simple easy change that would take an admin less time than it takes for us to "Thank" someone.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom