De buyer Oval Pan Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Landj3612

Assistant Cook
Hi,
I ended up with a bunch of de buyer pans in various states of nastiness. I can't think what the last dish served from these could have been like.
The middle pan has had 3 rounds of oven cleaner on it but will need a couple more to remove all the carbon.
Could anyone tell me if these have some type of coating or can I season them as usual?
There is no markings other than de buyers name on the the handle. They are pretty heavy.
Do you think they are worth the effort to bring back?
Thank you

Attachments

• 20211116_182219.jpg
    20211116_182219.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 53
While not personally familiar with de Buyer cookware, their products seem to be worth cleaning and using.

https://debuyer-usa.com/collections/cookware

From the website:

"de Buyer offers a wide variety of cookware from skillets and frying pans to saute pans and saucepans, the choice is endless. Choose from different materials: carbon steel, aluminum nonstick, copper, stainless steel and from different collections including the famed Mineral B and Prima Matera."

Ross

Ditto Just Cooking's reply.

They look marvelous and I would love to have some in my collection. Except I'm downsizing. :ermm::(

By the way, Welcome to DC Landj3612!

De buyer make very high quality cookware. I was given a mandoline as a birthday present and it´s absolutely phenomenal.
I´d just get in touch with the manufacturers and see if they can give you some advice - I think it´ll be well worth the effort.

Dremel tool with wire brush, then polishing felt bullet with jeweler's rouge, then wash thoroughly in hot, soapy water. Re-season with multiple layers of oil in 400' F. oven. Those look like carbon steel, or mineral steel pan, and once cleaned up, will work like new.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Dremel tool with wire brush, then polishing felt bullet with jeweler's rouge, then wash thoroughly in hot, soapy water. Re-season with multiple layers of oil in 400' F. oven. Those look like carbon steel, or mineral steel pan, and once cleaned up, will work like new.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Back
Top Bottom