DC's All American Flapjack Flip-Off

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
<whispers> Dawg did you tell them about the check?</whisper>

<whispers>Oh dear, PF, sorry, I thought you were in charge of the math....<whisper>

And guys, the judging and tallying credit goes to PF, I've been on the road and have been of very limited assistance, except for lending a few extra toes to supplement our joint excellent math skills.

Last edited:
So, when do I get my prize check for $40,000 dollars?...

...We'll be like the Lone Ranger and Tonto. I'm the Lone Ranger, of course.
You mean that prize check that we get to SPLIT, Kemosabe? ;)

And speaking of splitting, Chief, I think it should also be the same with the Lone Ranger and Tonto roles. I get to be the Lone Ranger on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, and you can have the mask and silver bullets on Tuesday, Thursday, and Weekends. :LOL:

You mean that prize check that we get to SPLIT, Kemosabe? ;)

And speaking of splitting, Chief, I think it should also be the same with the Lone Ranger and Tonto roles. I get to be the Lone Ranger on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, and you can have the mask and silver bullets on Tuesday, Thursday, and Weekends. :LOL:

I can work with that. You got any horses?:mrgreen: We can be like Colonel Sanders and make enough name for ourselves that we'll be able to open a pancake franchise. Oh, wait. IHOP already did that. We'll just have to do it better, maybe over some waffles with chili, or something original like that.:LOL: maybe we can hire some DC'ers to create other pancake and waffle entree combinations. Oh Yehhhh!:cool:

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Oops. I forgot to send you our votes! Oh well. Next time!

Now see. You would have one, hands down, if only you'd have sent in your stacked votes, er, um, I mean votes for your stacks of flapjacks.:LOL:

Ya scored high among the judges at my house. And that ain't nothin' ta sneeze at.;)

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

.....Something that is at once substantial, sticks to your ribs and after you eat a plateful, you say, please, may I have another.....

Those are the times the taste buds say "please sir, may I have more???" as the tummy is saying "not. another. bite.". THAT is when you know a food is juuuusssstttt right! :yum:

Hey Chief, that is high praise indeed! I think we ought to get together with all our girls and have a major partay! What's halfway between us? Manitoba? North Dakota? EEK!

Mother's Day.

Chief Longwind's World Famous Pancakes

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North[/QUOTE

On the account of Mother's day I decided to please my wife and made your pancake GLN. She loved. I scored some major points with her. Kids split 1 daughter liked it, two stock with me with my so called "Russian" pancakes.
Thank you very much for the recipe. :chef:

Chief Longwind's World Famous Pancakes

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North[/QUOTE

On the account of Mother's day I decided to please my wife and made your pancake GLN. She loved. I scored some major points with her. Kids split 1 daughter liked it, two stock with me with my so called "Russian" pancakes.
Thank you very much for the recipe. :chef:

I'm honored, Charlie. You are a good man among men, and so it seems, a household full of women. And like I said during the cooking challenge, I was impressed by your recipe as well.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Let's see if I can add the picks I took, tell me if they look anything like when you make them.

Attachments

• 20140511_162310[2].jpg
    20140511_162310[2].jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 220
  • 20140511_162410[1].jpg
    20140511_162410[1].jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 218
Somebody please, flip these pancakes for me. I don't understand, why the pictures are upside down. Also took me 4 tries to upload them and for whatever reason now I double posted, weird.

>>don't understand

sigh. a condition very common among Windows users.
why?
because, Uncle Bill and Company has the system software automatically "flip and/or rotate" pictures so they appear in the proper orientation on _your_ computer screen.

it's not perfect, but it does work rather a lot of the time.
and fools tens of millions of people . . .

when you upload the .jpg/whatever file, it actually has not been "modified" to display the same (fake way) as on your screen - and "the rest of the non-Uncle Bill" software world displays it "as is"

try using (the free and veddy veddy good) Irfanview program - you can edit/modify/flip/rotate etc - just be sure to use the Save option so the file on disk is really what is displayed....

so I copied it, rotated, saved, looks like

Attachments

• pc1.jpg
    pc1.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
Thank you dcSaute and Taxlady, the pictures were on my phone. I downloaded the InfanView. When I went to open the file/picture the inFaview tells me there no items in the folder. Do I need to download pictures on my PC first?

if the pix are only on the phone, yes - you must put them on the pc.

not investigated, but methinks Irfanview is not available as an "app" for smartphones.

once 'transferred / copied' to the pc, you'll need to point Irfanview to the 'folder' where the pix reside.

if you use the "Save in original folder option" it will overwrite the original picture unless you give it another name.

personally, I never never overwrite my "originals"

I am sorry for being totally of topic here.
Ok, so I saved it on my PC, opened it in the IrfanView, and the pictures are perfectly perfect. I mean they are positioned/turned the right way. Now what?

I am sorry for being totally of topic here.
Ok, so I saved it on my PC, opened it in the IrfanView, and the pictures are perfectly perfect. I mean they are positioned/turned the right way. Now what?
Save the pic and call it something like xxx right way. ;)

Back
Top Bottom