CutCo?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mastercook

Assistant Cook
I was thinking about buying some CutCo knives for my grandmother, and I was wondering what you all have heard about their knives? Any responses welcome.

My husband gave me a set of Cutco knives for Christmas years ago, because his mother had a set. They're nice, although I have since acquired other knives I like better. I still use the serrated bread knife and the spreader. I got the pearl-handled set with serving utensils and I really like those. However, my primary knives are Henckels, from the line made in Germany.

goes here on my machine....
View attachment 41832

Yeah, whatever. Cutco knives are sold for an everyday home cook, not a professional chef. No reason to even compare. My MIL still has the set she got for her wedding. She likes it. Who cares about some "great" Knife_Reviwer and his dissertation (SP?).

Like I said, I would not but because of the handles being uncomfortable. It was definitely design way back when ..., well when women were home cooking.
But I would not buy any knife without trying how it fits in my hand. I got this beautiful Shun knife, I got as a present, it doesn't fit in my hand. It's just its in the drawer.

Last edited:
I think the most serious issue is the pricing - being MLM they are very expensive as a "decent knife" goes.
I recall one owner was really impressed when he sent his knives in for sharpening - "They sent be a whole set of new knives!"
which is a clue on the actual cost/value of the product - they're 'disposable'

I think the most serious issue is the pricing - being MLM they are very expensive as a "decent knife" goes.
I recall one owner was really impressed when he sent his knives in for sharpening - "They sent be a whole set of new knives!"
which is a clue on the actual cost/value of the product - they're 'disposable'
Well. I've used my MIL's set many times since she went into a nursing home about four years ago, and the knives are very sharp. She received them as a wedding gift in 1959. I received mine in 1996 and, while I prefer the Henckels, I still use them in a pinch. They're not professional quality but they're not disposable, either.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom