Crab Cakes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigwheel

Master Chef
I woulda swore somebody on here was looking for a crab cake recipe. If so here are two which sorta compliment and contradict each other. If not go back to sleep:)

bigwheel

Puzzled Possum said this>

Though I live in Maine, I grew up (despite what the wife says) in Maryland and watched my mother, my mother-in-law, and the wife make a few thousand crab cakes. bbqlover's recipe looks good except a Marylander would try not to use any crumbs at all. I've always seen onions and bells (usually red) but nothing else except celery here and there. Old Bay is the most common seasoning around the Chesapeake. They can be broiled if you prefer to frying.

bbqlover said this>

Get a pound of lump crab meat, one egg, a little panko bread crumbs, a little paprika. mix lightly, form, fry in half butter, half olive oil....you can add bell pepper, onion and other veggies if you want but I wouldn't....less is best...let them taste the crab...

You betcha. Hope you can thrash out the differences and come up with something good.

bigwheel

I always use this recipe for making Crab cake.

Ingredients

* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 6 green onions, chopped
* 3/8 cup olive oil
* 1 (16 ounce) can canned crabmeat, drained
* 1 egg
* 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
* 1 teaspoon dry mustard
* 8 ounces buttery round crackers, crushed
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
* 1 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1/4 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning TM
* salt to taste
* ground black pepper to taste
* 1 cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs) or regular dry bread crumbs

Directions

1. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a skillet over high heat. Saute green onions briefly until tender; cool slightly.
2. Combine crabmeat, sauteed green onions, egg, mayonnaise, dry mustard, crushed crackers, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, Old Bay seasoning, salt and pepper. Form into 1/2 inch thick patties. Coat the patties with bread crumbs.
3. Heat 1/2 cup oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Cook cakes until golden brown on each side. Drain briefly on paper towels and serve hot.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom