COVID19 Vaccinations-How's It Going?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My sister is back in ICU due to Covid-19. Nobody in her family got the vaccine. As far as I know I am the only one to be vaccinated.

My sister is back in ICU due to Covid-19. Nobody in her family got the vaccine. As far as I know I am the only one to be vaccinated.

We have family members refusing to be vaccinated along with my having some co-workers. I am so sorry to hear about your baby sister and hope she will be well soon.

Kathleen, our son was so eager to get vaccinated that he volunteered for one of test runs. The local doctor did not get approved, so Goober just got his second Moderna shot this week. Meanwhile, his twin sister is still thinking about getting it. And I always figured her for being the one with common sense...
PF, that's so sad. I hope she pulls through. We all know what a bugger this virus can be. (((hugs)))

So sorry to see this, PF.

Our family/friend base is small, here in MO. Not certain how I'd react if any of them were against the vaccine.

Ross

I got my second shot last Sunday. I still feel lousy but today is better than yesterday. All I did was sleep on Wednesday and Thursday I didn’t eat anything all day Wednesday and not much on Thursday or Friday. I hope this is winding down.

Last edited:
I took my grandson for his first shot. It was run by a local hospital at an off-site facility. Being the first week of under 15 availability, it was mobbed! However, it went smoothly.

I did see that one teen passed out and was wheelchaired to a "recovery area".

Oh crap PF that's awful! Hope she rallies soon. Its scary. I hope her family sees the light now and goes for their shots. Yikes.

We have one branch of our family who are very conservative and are not getting vaccinated. I hope they have enough sense to stay away from our 91 year old matriarch. Sigh. When did we become so focussed on ourselves and not on the community as a whole? I didn't think I was THAT old. :)

I got my second shot last Sunday. I still feel lousy but today is better than yesterday. All I did was sleep on Wednesday and Thursday I didn’t eat anything all day Wednesday and not much on Thursday or Friday. I hope this is winding down.

Feeling better yet? I hope so.

Sister is still in ICU, she is still on the ventilator, but she is awake and doing exercises with PT. Vent is because she has no reserves to breathe on her own. They have gotten a ton of fluid off her. Since she remains in ICU we have not gone to see her, the hospital at this time is not allowing any visitors for any patient due to a spike in cases and low vaccination rate of the general populace (including my parents). Seems like Wyomingites are anti-vax.

I've been vaccinated since January.

Back
Top Bottom