Copy Me That ~ Who's On Board?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaneohegirlinaz

Wannabe TV Chef
Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
Folks here on DC have mentioned Copy Me That many times and I guess I've simply been too lazy to look it up... Never heard of, don't know anything about it ...

AHHH!

But now I do.
I signed up the other evening when the topic of Tuscan Butter Shrimp :yum: was bouncing around. I have both suggested recipes there now, along with others that I had bookmarked on my laptop.
Now I need to go over to my Chromebook and see if I bookmarked any recipes there too!

Who else is on Copy Me That, AND are you using your same sign-on name?
I am, kaneohegirlinaz ~ follow me there :LOL:

I have been using Copy Me That for a while now, maybe a year or so. I really like it. I recently got the premium membership. So far, I don't see much benefit, but I'm already set in my ways about how I use it. I don't mind that I sent them a little bit of money. I do not want that site to go away. I use the same username there as here.

I've been using CMT for many years. I mentioned it every time anyone asked, "how do you save recipes?". Heard about it on Facebook forum.

I have it on my phone and laptop. If I copy a recipe on my phone, I can go to my laptop and view the recipe and transfer to a Word document so it's in my standard recipe format.

I use copy me that, when I think I might like to try a new recipe on the net. I don't always take time to use them, but at least I know where they are. Then when I look for variety and inspiration, I check out the recipes there. Some of them make it to a piece of paper. If the recipe gets repeated a few times, and we really like it then it goes onto a recipe card and into our 'regular line up'.

Before posting this I checked Copy Me That, where my username is Skilletlicker. I've got 181 recipes there. Most of them were copied directly from a web page and are mostly used as a general guideline. The community visibility setting is set to private so there is no chance of being accused of plagiarism. Many times that number are stored as browser bookmarks.

Because I try to keep track of macro and micronutrients I have a record of virtually everything I eat or drink in Cronometer.com. That's where the more exact record is actually kept. Since I very rarely make anything exactly the same way twice it is easier for me to just modify amounts and ingredients from there. Cronometer has very recently added a recipe import feature which I haven't gotten around to trying out yet.

Skilletlicker, you don't have to set the visibility setting to private to prevent accusations of plagiarism. If anyone looks at a recipe that someone else shared from a website, it will only show the picture and the ingredient list. It will say "Directions at _____" The blank will have the name of the website, and will be a link to the recipe at that site.

I'm sure you're right taxlady. I also edit recipes, often before even trying them out. Sometimes to swap ingredients for nutritional reasons or to make use of my normal pantry items. To be fair to the original recipe writer it seems like I would need to make note of the changes made. All in all, it just seems like more trouble than it's worth to me.

Here in DC, on the rare occasion I'm posting a recipe I usually name or link to the original source or not so much lately, post a partial screen print of my Crono daily food diary.

Back
Top Bottom