Cooking Goddess' Family Spaghetti Sauce Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thanks, cg, and you're right, going the 'menu' route to access your recipe does the trick. now, for my next problem to solve: how can I access a member's profile page without having to hunt through the threads for one of their posts?

see what you and gg have started now? I've got a hundred more of these pc and site questions like the one you just solved....:)

Up top on the right is the site Google search, type in the member's name and hit search.

To avoid long simmering times, and get that same, wonderful flavor, I make the sauce in my pressure cooker. 20 minutes is the same as several hours worth of cooking....

Mentioned this to Himself and he said Mom did try it in the pressure cooker. Once. The flavor was not as good as a long simmer and they all could tell the difference. Great as those cookers are I guess a recipe here or there will end up "just not the same".

ACKKKK!!!! Lid ON! I posted the original comment before my nightly glass of wine. :ohmy: I might leave it askew just a bit, but the pot is never without some degree of "hat".

Whew! A near fiasco!
I probably would have noticed something awry when it was reduced by half in a couple hours :LOL:

Gosh, it's been nearly a dog's age since I made this sauce. Well, maybe three years or so. Had to look the recipe up here because I couldn't find my copy at home. :ermm: Put it here so I wouldn't lose it.

And you all thought I was being nice and sharing it with you. :D Yeah, I was. :heart: This made a really nice comfort meal, just what challenging times like these call for.

never tried the celery seed/salt. thanks for this. will try it out next time.
for mine i break the sauce into 2 portions - crushed and the other peeled. for the peeled part i break them up and remove the stems. then put them both together. for the paste after sweating onions and before anything else i brown the paste a bit and then put the rest in. also this last time someone told me instead of oil for fat use baby back ribs which i did and worked great in place of oil (if you are so inclined).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom