Combined Holiday Dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
Today is Native American/Columbus Day. Being a good part Native American, we celebrate it as the former. Tomorrow is the Canadian thanksgiving. Tonight's dinner is a combination, featuring recipes that are Canadian Thanksgiving traditional favorites, combined with recipes distinctly Native American.

If it's not too late in the day, and you need another reason to cook something great, this day is a great day for it.:mrgreen:

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

We usually have the Celebratory dinner on the Sunday...this year will be a quiet one as my three kids are staying in their respective homes. But, it's full steam ahead with the turkey dinner. We'll figure out what to do with the leftovers, no problem. There is usually 10-14 people but this year it will be me, my gf and her son who lives nearby....

Attachments

• 121233637_378018330231955_6334882848458765119_n (2).jpg
    121233637_378018330231955_6334882848458765119_n (2).jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
We usually have the Celebratory dinner on the Sunday...this year will be a quiet one as my three kids are staying in their respective homes. But, it's full steam ahead with the turkey dinner. We'll figure out what to do with the leftovers, no problem. There is usually 10-14 people but this year it will be me, my gf and her son who lives nearby....
Happy Thanksgiving Eve!

I almost always do a whole turkey for the two of us as well. We both love the leftovers :yum:

I'm planning on white chicken chili for dinner tonight. That means chiles and beans to celebrate native American cuisine and chicken and cheese for the old world, plus homemade stock to make it delicious :yum: Can't wait.

Happy Thanksgiving Eve!

Like others, I love turkey for Thanksgiving. (Actually, I love turkey at any time along with most of the turkey leftover dishes.)

Sadly, we don't have a large freezer here.and so need to purchase the bird about the time it's tp be cooked. There were no turkeys to be had at the local grocers around Denver, and so, we will be using chicken. Back ion my hometown of SSM MI,, we were never in short supply for turkeys. Also, I had a large chest freezer. I usually had multiple 20-somepounders sitting in it.

Oh well, you use what you have and make it taste great.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Back
Top Bottom