Cola Comparisons ~ Do You Have A Preference?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pepsi drinker here. Real sugar version.
BTW: Disney Properties are paid by Coke to only sell their product and on top that they get their Coke free.

Our youngest used to love Jolt Cola. But the food Brown shirts got that product removed from stores is the third hand tale.

Mr Bliss drinks diet coke.
Son of bliss drinks diet pepsi.
I drink green tea, black tea, herbal teas (hibiscus rooibos peppermint blackberry leaves) and occasionally a not-coffee drink of roasted chicory, roasted barley and rye, roasted sunchokes, and cocoa, for a rich dark drink. I gave up coffee 5 months ago and it was easier than I thought.

I was brought up without soda, so when I tried it, the bubbles hurt my throat. I never liked it much.

I drink green tea, black tea, herbal teas (hibiscus rooibos peppermint blackberry leaves) and occasionally a not-coffee drink of roasted chicory, roasted barley and rye, roasted sunchokes, and cocoa, for a rich dark drink. I gave up coffee 5 months ago and it was easier than I thought.

I was brought up without soda, so when I tried it, the bubbles hurt my throat. I never liked it much.

I'm of that same camp bliss.
My Mother didn't want use to have any sugar and have terrible teeth.
Desserts, Soda Pop, etc were off the table ... we rarely had them in my house growing up, plus she thought it a luxury and money was better spent else where.

Same here.
I think I had a 7oz bottle of Coke once in my childhood.

Kaneo and Lee, we were also brought up with no sweet cereals, only cheerios, malt o meal, oatmeal, shredded wheat, and that cereal that was like gravel that I liked. (grape nuts) The treats were life cereal and lucky charms but not as breakfast cereals, as snacks found once a year.

Kaneo and Lee, we were also brought up with no sweet cereals, only cheerios, malt o meal, oatmeal, shredded wheat, and that cereal that was like gravel that I liked. (grape nuts) The treats were life cereal and lucky charms but not as breakfast cereals, as snacks found once a year.

Ditto!
Oatmeal, that was it for cereal
(I never had any of those sweet cereals until I was an adult living on my own ... makes for a great late night snack, dry ;))
No sweets ... candies, cookies, cakes, pies ... sometimes homemade pudding, that was a real treat!
(My Mother did not really cook or bake for that matter very well, this is why I taught myself how to cook and bake)
No Soda Pop
No Chips, Pretzels, although we did have roasted Nuts on holidays.
If we went over to someone's house on a visit and we were offered a TABU snack, we had to ASK my Mother first and then she would tell the Host or Hostess, "Just a very little, thank you." My sister and I would savior that goodie, whatever it was, for as long as possible.

NOW, if we were out and about with my Father, that was a whole different bag of beans.
Dad's family all lived near us and they would ply us kids with everything under the Sun! I loved my great Aunties and Uncles !!! :LOL:

Royal Crown

You beat me to the answer!!! :LOL:

I'm of that same camp bliss.
My Mother didn't want use to have any sugar and have terrible teeth.
Desserts, Soda Pop, etc were off the table ... we rarely had them in my house growing up, plus she thought it a luxury and money was better spent else where.

We were only allowed soda during special times - like when we had a cook-out. Now, desserts were not uncommon but they were often made with seasonal fruits that we for which we harvested or foraged, or preserves that we put up at the end of summer.

Same here.
I think I had a 7oz bottle of Coke once in my childhood.

About that cookout, the soda was always a small bottle of coke. Icy cold....sooo good!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom