Coffee roll cake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Seems to be a teaching academy. At a quick glance, looks OK. I only read the very start but 900 minutes translates to 15 hours! Good luck!, Hope you can take and post some pictures!
Let us know how it goes.

Have you ever made anything else from this site?

I didn't pay attention on time at thirst! But you are right. In the recipe there are time for stabilization in fridge for minimum 6 hours - for sponge, Chantilly cream and crémeux. So I guess it is even more than 15 hours :) Or you can keep all this in the fridge in the same time.

Not yet. I am really new one. But I'm going to. Want to find some balanced recipes of light dinners.

Actually time in fridge is great! I personally love recipes I can do a little bit at a time. I have standing issues so most of my recipes I try and do ahead in stages.

I didn't pay attention on time at thirst! But you are right. In the recipe there are time for stabilization in fridge for minimum 6 hours - for sponge, Chantilly cream and crémeux. So I guess it is even more than 15 hours :) Or you can keep all this in the fridge in the same time.

Not yet. I am really new one. But I'm going to. Want to find some balanced recipes of light dinners.
By "new one", do you mean new to baking? This looks like a very complex recipe and I really wouldn't recommend it to someone new at baking. Each of those components can be tricky to get right.

The instructions are pretty clear so a beginner should be able to do it. But I do agree with you taxy. I would not attempt that as a complete beginner. Someone with confidence might not have a problem.

Anna is in the Ukraine and I'm assuming the original post is in Ukrainian. This might make it easier for her.

Hi folks,

I am going to attempt to make an ice cream roll cake for a co-worker/friend of mine. She really likes the ice cream roll cake that Baskin Robbins offers. I like their products, but I thought it would be nice if I could make it myself. Plus, I just like the idea of making a cake. On the surface, it seems like a fairly simple idea. It has ice cream rolled in chocolate devil's food cake and then there is fudge on the outside of the cake.

Here are my questions:

1) I think I need to make the cake in a jelly roll pan. Is that right?
Yes.

2) When I'm ready to roll the cake and ice cream together, what do I do to make sure the cake will stay intact as I'm rolling it? I think I can keep the cake on parchment paper and then keep the cake wrapped up in the paper while it freezes in the freezer but I'm not sure about that.
Before baking the cake, line the pan with parchment paper, then pour the batter over the parchment in the pan. When the cake is baked, remove it from the pan with the parchment and use the parchment to roll up the cake while it's still hot. This will help the cake retain the rolled shape. Let it cool, then unroll, spread on the ice cream, reroll and freeze.

3) The last question is about the fudge on the outside. Is that something that is poured over the cake once it has been rolled, or do I make a sheet of fudge and roll it with the rest of the cake? If I make a "fudge sheet", do I make it in a jelly roll pan with the cake, or do I make them separately and then assemble all the pieces and roll when ready?
Pour the fudge topping - a ganache, maybe? - over the cake after it's been rolled with the ice cream and frozen.

Good luck. We would love to see your results.

Letting the cake cool rolled up sounds like a great idea. I wondered why the cake didn't break when you rolled it up.

Back
Top Bottom