Coffee Pet Peeve

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sounds like you need some Turkish coffee.
I got used to the cowboy coffee method from the backpacking trips I've been taking. I don't like carrying coffee paraphernalia to make a simple cup of coffee.... I've seen people with titanium coffee presses. Nice gadget, and they weigh almost next to nothing, but not for me.....I'm not that crazy about having coffee...

I got used to the cowboy coffee method from the backpacking trips I've been taking. I don't like carrying coffee paraphernalia to make a simple cup of coffee.... I've seen people with titanium coffee presses. Nice gadget, and they weigh almost next to nothing, but not for me.....I'm not that crazy about having coffee...

Yeah, I have say, neither Beloved Wife nor I are regular enough coffee people that we need it on backpacking trips, mainly I'll just bring tea (we are really tea people anyhow).

However, there is a big exception, winter backpacking. We've only done one or two cold hikes, but given that in the winter I plan on more gear and shorter distances anyway, and we need to keep temperatures and calories up, plus milk and butter won't go bad, I feel justified taking my small mora pot. Unlike warm weather backpacking where I have taken it and used it like once, when it is cold nothing helps out on a trail break like briefly breaking out the stove and making two mugs up of heavily creamed, sugared and buttered espresso. Picks you right up and warms you up too!

Car camping I have a great 10 cup percolator that can just sit to one side of the fire all weekend, just periodically add water and change the grounds, makes mud and dilute with hot water to taste.

TBS

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom