Christmas gingerbakes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sylvia.cookies222

Assistant Cook
I am looking for a recipe for CHRISTMAS cookies. I would like to bake it in this week, and have it soft and delicious on christmas. I will be really grateful for help.
gingerbread-men-4.jpg

I do roughly 800-1,000 cookies and 1k-1200 pieces of truffles every year.
For Christmas presents.

I'm in the middle of gingerbread houses and dipping chocolates (of course)

As a general rule Toll House (chocolate chip) is number one. You will have those grabbed up 4-1 of any other kind.

In my bakery they were a close (very close) second to a cookie my wife and I developed using dried cherries, candied orange peel, and white chocolate chips.

But "stained glass" window cookies are one of the usual. Then there's various shortbread cookies and mint, chocolate chip and etc.

What specific sort were you looking for? The ones posted above are a basic sugar cookie that the kids decorated for Santa. As "Uncle John" was a chef I get conscripted into supervision...it's a toss up whether this is wonderful or the deepest part Hell has to offer.

I usually do blank gingerbread houses and make royal icing for them to glue the candy on them. Then usually a round with each of them in baking cookies for their parents. They are cute when not being horrid.

But otherwise what sort of cookies were you looking for?

I have a recipe for 'soft' gingerbread cookies.. A friend made these every year as gifts. I'll try to find it if that's the style you want.
I honestly don't remember if they are suited for cutting out shapes. Is that more of the type yu would like?

Back
Top Bottom