Chocolate Tart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Demmy

Assistant Cook
Would you swap out double (heavy) cream for coconut milk? Or coconut cream?

:chef:

I would want to see the recipe. But, I think the coconut cream would be a better idea. If you only have coconut milk, let it sit undisturbed for a day or two, and then carefully open the tin and scoop the cream off the top. Use the rest for something else.

Here's the recipe

https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/cheats_chocolate_tart_45173.

I'm also swapping out the milk chocolate for dark. I've made it before, and it was way too rich.

That could take some experimentation. There is double cream in both the filling and in the coffee cream. I have read, but I haven't tried it, that if you chill coconut cream (even the one you skim off the top of coconut milk, as I described in a previous comment) and the bowl and the whisk or beaters, that you can whip coconut cream. That would be experiment number one. For the filling, I would try making a small amount and see if it gives the kind of texture you want. If you are happy with the results of both of those experiments, then go ahead an make it. If only one works well enough, well then the tart should still be less rich if you only substitute coconut cream for double cream in one of them. I don't see a problem with changing the milk chocolate to dark chocolate.

Okay, so the tart was a total disaster. Rather than one big one I made individual ones in a muffin tray. I managed to miss out the parchment paper, and the raw rice I used to blind bake cooked into the pastry. :rolleyes:

Question: do I need to blind bake for small individual tarts? Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom