Chocolate dessert lovers - you gotta try this!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Recipes Make Magic

Senior Cook
This is a simple & easy but ultra decadent, limited ingredient chocolate mocha torte recipe that will keep you opening the fridge for more !

Ingredients:

- 8 oz. good quality dark chocolate broken up into medium-sized pieces - your choice of dark chocolate, but Lindt comes to mind - 80% or more
- 1/2 cup espresso coffee (or any coffee)
- 8 oz. butter, preferably unsalted, cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- some chopped nuts of your choice, if you like nuts in your heavenly torte (optional)

Heat oven to 350 - Grease & flour a 9-inch spring form pan, wrapped with foil around the outside bottom to prevent leakage.
Put the chocolate and espresso in a glass bowl or dish & nuke for approx. 30 seconds or more until smooth and glossy.
Stir until smooth, and add the butter, a few chunks at a time, and whisk until the mixture is smooth & glossy.
Then beat in the sugar.

Beat the eggs in a bowl and then slowly pour over the chocolate mixture, whisking constantly.

Pour the batter into the pan.

Bake until the cake is cooked through - about 40 to 50 minutes. (Might still be a bit giggly in the center, but no matter, it`ll firm up on cooling).

Cool for 5 minutes and run a knife around the edges & remove the sides of the spring form pan. Cool completely.

Wrap the cake well in plastic wrap & refrigerate overnite or up to 2 days.

Remove from fridge, unwrap, set on a plate at room temp about an hour before serving. It`s great plain, or with a raspberry sauce, or with whipped cream, or any custard sauce- whatever. Cut into small, thin slices - it`s really rich.

Give it a go, you`ll love this yummy, decadent dessert for any special occasion. It`s so easy to make, you`ll want to make it often. I`ve done this numerous times & all my guests have loved it !!

I know this without them telling me - cause there`s never a crumb left on their plates !

Last edited:
That does sound delicious. I've made a number of similar, flourless chocolate tortes, and all were delicious. Not the prettiest of baked goods, but delicious, to chocolate lovers.

Will it taste like dark chocolate? Because, I really don't care for dark chocolate.

The answer is yes and no.

This torte is deliciously chocolaty, but of course quite sweet.

Yes it's made with dark chocolate which though, by itself, may have a slightly 'bitter' or odd taste to some people.
But certainly not in this recipe.

Try it out for your family, friends &/or guests - you'll see how much they'll go for it - and you could have a little taste yourself to see if you care for it.

I copied the recipe, too, and I know it will be good! If I had somewhere to take it, or a bunch of people to share it with this weekend, I would bake it now - the temp is down in the 60s! lol But for just 2, I can't make something like that - no chocolate willpower.

It sounds great. I posted my favourite chocolate mousse recipe. It isn't mine, it was given to me. Hope I didn't break any rules. I tried to find it on the Internet...doesn't seem to be a recipe that was released before The Beaver Club closed.

Chocolate Mocha Torte

Made this recipe last nite.

Here's the torte after it set overnite in the fridge - and following that, here's the first slice of it that I had for dessert today, covered with raspberry sauce and a bit of whipped cream !

Fabulously & decadently delicious - and what's great about it - it'll keep well in the fridge for up to 2 weeks - so have a small slice every day - and it has so few ingredients & it's so easy to make - takes no time at all to put together. Do try it !

Attachments

• IMG_8898chocolate mocha torte.jpg
    IMG_8898chocolate mocha torte.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_8908 - SLICE OF TORTE.jpg
    IMG_8908 - SLICE OF TORTE.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 211
I bookmarked this recipe when you posted, apparently in August, and in mid- January rediscovered it when I started going thru recipes deciding which to save, delete or copy. I knew just what to do with this one... Valentines Day is right around the corner.

The cake is cooling on the counter for tomorrow's dessert. Frozen garden raspberry coulis is made and in the frig.

I like your quote when you made it "it'll keep well in the fridge for up to 2 weeks". Like that's going to happen. :LOL:

I'm pleased you kept it, and made it for tomorrow's dessert - it's perfect for Valentine's Day.
There's no one who won't really enjoy this fab torte - except those who dislike chocolate !

Back
Top Bottom