Chocolate Chip Cookies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WhateverYouWant

Sous Chef
Never made these in years, and looking for a great recipe. I prefer larger cookies (about 3 tablespoons) so they are crispy on the edges and almost gooey in the center.

Any and all recommendations appreciated.

The Nestle House cookie will give you what you are looking for. For something great, replace the chocolate chips with a quality chocolate of you choice, or butterscotch chips with bits of crispy bacon bits mixed into the batter. As there is no water in the dough, the cookie spreads out to thin and crispy edges, with the chewy center. If you add a tbs. of water, and add baking powder, the cookies become thicker, and lighter. If you use white chocolate chunks, add Macadamia nuts to the basic recipe, They are delicious. Of course you can add chopped pecans, or walnuts to the original recipe as well.

Original Nestle Toll House Cookie recipe:
Ingredients:

2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon salt

1 cup butter, softened

¾ cup granulated sugar

¾ cup packed brown sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

2 large eggs

2 cups NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels

1 cup chopped nuts

Preheat oven to 375'F.

Cream butter, brown sugar, , and vanilla together. Beat in eggs until smooth. Add salt and flour and tir into a smooth cookie dough. Add chocolate chuips, and nuts. Stir in to even mis. Drop 2 to 3 tbs, of cookie dough onto parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, depending on how crispy you want your cookie.

While the cookies are baking, lie a 2nd cookie sheet with parchment paper and cover with cookies.

Remove the baked cookies from the oven and slide the parchment with cookies onto a cooling rack. Let cool and place in airtight container for storage (Zipper freezer bags work well for this).

More butter added to the recipe will make for thinner cookies. Place the tbs. of dough in a little mound.
I usually get 6 rows of 4 cookies on each cookie sheet. Enjoy.

Other good recipes:
https://www.marthastewart.com/346831/crisp-and-chewy-chocolate-chip-cookies

https://inquiringchef.com/crispy-and-chewy-chocolate-chip-cookies/

https://cookiesandcups.com/crispy-chewy-chocolate-chip-cookies/

Each of these cookies use the same principles, and each claims to be the best.I like the2nd link, but have successfully used the Tollhouse recipe for years, modifying it as needed as I described. The most popular cookie I made used butterscotch chips with added chopped walnuts, and bacon bits.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

SO uses the recipe on back of the Nestle's Toll House bag with a couple subs.
She subs 1/2 butter, 1/2 margarine instead of all butter. She says the cookies don't spread out as much and she also sometimes adds uncooked oatmeal, amount? I like them better sans oatmeal, but hey! I'm not the baker. She buys big bags chips at Costco, so there are always a few more chips than what the original calls for.

I use a modified version of the infamous Neimann-Marcus chocolate chip cookie recipe. I can't guarantee they'll cook up the way you want them to.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom