Chili seasoning packets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

inchrisin

Senior Cook
I got a really good deal on chili seasoning packets. They're pretty generic and I'm hoping to use them up. I know I can make a vat of chili, but I'm hoping to make other dishes with my 20 packets as well. Does anyone have any good ideas for how to use this seasoning otherwise?

What is in the ingredient list?

+1

Need to know what’s in the packet. Then we can make suggestions for alternative uses. Also additional ingredients to add to original packet for additional recipe suggestions/uses.

chili and red pepper, maltodextrin, salt, sugar, wheat, paprika, garlic, turmeric . I know that's pretty vague. :)

Obviously you could use it in any common Mexican dishes, like taco's, enchilada's etc. Personally, I'd add cumin and Mexican oregano to the mix.

Last edited:
The best I have found is McCormick. A bit less salt in it but packs the flavor.

Other than for taco meat, sometimes I use it on strips of steak. I embellish it with a little white wine. These steak strips are thrown on top of a salad and it is excellent - a steak salad.

T

Chili packet seasoning mixed with Russian salad dressing is tasty. It also makes a great aioli when mixed with mayo. It is cood when used s a dry rub for beef, pork, and poultry. Also good mixed in to baked beans, bbq sauce, in refried beans, sprinkle over salad, etc.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom