Chief's stove top deep brown beans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No, no, don't mis-understand. My ex came to Canada when he was 7 yrs old.
He has a typical British, very dry, sense of humour, but pair him up with his sister - it's worse. LOL, it was and still is, dangerous to go out with the two of them. You can hardly eat supper for laughing.

I don't know about brilliant but we're good.
While still on the farm, we had holidays together, took turns with him and his partner. Easter, Christmas - easier on the kids and grands that way. One visit would cover it all, :LOL:

I used Navy beans, they are white. It really didn't turn out very dark.

Pork and beans with brown basmati rice and corn.jpg

Okay, I have no way of getting smoked pork, (I had a really good look at the pork section in
Sainsburys today). So I have bought a couple of thick pork loin steaks. I am going to slather them in smoked paprika and put them in my brilliant pressure cooker. I know this won't be authentic, but I hope when they come out, I can cut them into chunks and add them to my Deep Brown Beans and make Chief (rip) proud of the resulting dish!

Okay, I have no way of getting smoked pork, (I had a really good look at the pork section in
Sainsburys today). So I have bought a couple of thick pork loin steaks. I am going to slather them in smoked paprika and put them in my brilliant pressure cooker. I know this won't be authentic, but I hope when they come out, I can cut them into chunks and add them to my Deep Brown Beans and make Chief (rip) proud of the resulting dish!
Authentic is following the spirit of the recipe. This was a recipe made of what was available, so as far as I can tell, this is authentic because, it is in the spirit of the written recipe. I really think it was a record of what the Chief did that time and was meant as inspiration, more than a strict recipe.

Back
Top Bottom