Chief's Light Gelatine Dessert

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
I have made many batches of gelatine deserts using the quick set method, you know, half boiling water with dissolved gelatine, half ice cubes and ice water. Stir until ice is melted. Gelatine is by that time partially set, and cold. 30 minutes in the fridge and it's ready to eat.

Well tonight, I did the same thing, but used a blender to pulverize the ice cubes, thinking it would set even faster. It didn't turn out that way, bu did give me a super light gelatine, bursting with flavor. Here' what I made.

Ingredients:
1 pkg. Jello sugar free strwaberry to make 4 cups Jello
2 cups boiling water
2 cups ice cubes/ice water
2 large cling free peaches

Wash peaches, and remove the pits. Cut into half inch dice, with skin. Dissolve Jello into boiling water, stiring for 2 minutes to completely dissolge Jello. Place ic/ice water into blender. Pour hot gelatine into blender. Blend at gigh speed for 20 seconds. Pour into suitable bowl. Fold in peaches.

The result is a very frothy gelatine where a thick foamy layer selttles on to. Chill in the fridge for 2 hours. Before serving, fold the set foam and gelatine together. If you enjoy a very light, but flavorful desert, this one is for you. Though you can use any flavor of gelatine, and fruits you desire, remember fresh papaya, pinapple, and kiwi contain enzymes that will keep gelatine from setting. Canned versions of the same will work just fine, as the processing heat denatures those enzymes. Enjoy.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Back
Top Bottom