CHIEF'S best Cheesecake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
The staff at the dialysis center really treat me well. I give them recipes, and swap stories with them. They really deserve some appreciation. To that end, I' making a red, white, and blue New York cheesecake to take to them on Monday. I give everyone here the recipe as it comes out so very silky, and creamy, with outstanding flavor. Here's the recipe for my ten incher:
Filling:
6 8 oz. Pkgs. Cream cheese
1.5 cups sugar
3 large eggs
1.5 tsp. Vanilla extract
3 tbs. Cornstarch
1.5 cups sour cream
1 lb. Fresh strawberries
1 can strawberry pie filling
1 can blueberry pie filling
1 tbs. Cornstarch
1/4 cup sugar

Crust:
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
10 tbs butter, melted
3 tbs. Sugar.

Combine crust ingredients thouroughly. Press 2/3rds aroud the sides of a ten inch spring form pan. Press the remainder evenly on the pan botto. Place in the freezer for 15 minutes.

Hull and wash the fresh straberries. Mash into a sauce pot. Add the quarter cup of sugar. Heat while stirring until a gastrique is formed. Add the strawberry pie filling. Remove the crust from the oven. Pour the pie filling into the crust, and spread evenly.

Place the cream cheese, sour cream, vanilla, and sugar into a mixing bowl. Mix at low speed unti creamy smooth. Mix in the eggs, one at a time. Mix until all ingredients are homogenous. Pour the cheesecake filling onto the strawberries, and spread evenly. Bake for ten minutes. Reduce heat to 200' F., and bake 35 more minutes. Test by jiggling the pan. The center of the custard should still jiggle a little. Turn off oven, crack open the doir, and let the cheesecake cool with the ove. When room temperature, place in fridge to set the custard. Spread blueberry pie filling on top, just before serving.

Aeyyyya; Chief Longwind of the North

I moved the cheesecake from the spring form pan into box for transport. What a job that turned out to be. One box had to be cut to the size of the cheesecake,and wrapped in plastic wrap. Then the cheesecake had to be tranfered onto it, intact. That had to then be lifted into the transport box, with the top sealed against the weather. Next, I have to get it to the truck, no mean feat as I use a walking stick to get around. Once at the center, I can call the dyalisis team to carry it from the truck. Who knew giving a homemade 10 inch cheesecake could be so much work?

Seeeeya; Chief Lobgwind of the North

Last edited:
You are a good person to do all of this for the people who care for you. I know how important it is to have a great health care team [emoji813] Have a great day, Chief!

This is a tested recipe. To get the best results, check the cheesecake just before the time is up. Jiggle the pan lightly. The custard should have a little wiggle. If baked until firm, the chersecake will be dry, and heavy, rather than creamy smooth. Also, put parchment paper on the bottom of the springform pan before pressing in the graham cracker crust. It makes removing the cheesecake much easier. Simply remove the parchment paper, and chersecake together.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Ok, Got it. The cheesecake should not stay in the oven too long, otherwise, it will dry.

Back
Top Bottom