Chickpeas in the Pressure Cooker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have two sizes of these. They are a bargain at the Asian market. But, I'm sure the kind that dragnlaw showed is easier to wash.

71HYxQn17XL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I have two sizes of these. They are a bargain at the Asian market. But, I'm sure the kind that dragnlaw showed is easier to wash.

71HYxQn17XL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
This is the kind I have as well. I received an electric wok for a wedding gift that included a set of bamboo utensils. The wok is long gone but I love the utensils ?

I had one like @taxlady and they are indeed a pain to clean, esp since I use them for deep frying as well.
I now got 2 like in @dragnlaw 's picture. Real handy piece of equipment.

I actually used one yesterday to drain my chana dal (to stay with chick peas ;) ) to make hummus

I have several. Traditional one with bamboo handle and copper coloured wire. My favourite and used the most.
Stainless steel one like pictured.
One with a round, slight scoop, but with holes like a potato ricer.
Recently bought a set of 3 with super fine mesh for skimming scummy scuz.

I don't find any of them difficult to clean. Hot soapy water, shake it around, rinse, done! Don't let food bits (if there are any) dry on them, that's the only way I can see them being difficult. A quick swish to rinse if you can't do them right away and you should never have a problem.

I also have several, including two brass spiders, like TL pictured above, the 5" one the one I use most - a much larger one is in a cabinet in the dining room, as it is rarely used. I got that in the early 80s, and just stick it in the DW, and that bamboo handle is no worse for the wear! The aluminum scoop on the right I got in the 70s, at school, and the SS one on the left I got at a Dollar Store, and is used almost every day to scoop tea bags out of my iced tea pitcher! It is my dish drainer all the time, and I often reach for it to get things out of the IP - definitely the one I use the most.
A 5 inch brass spider, plus two other scoops I use for other things. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Reporting back on @GotGarlic 's Pork Posole Verde recipe as ?promised!

I had a decent piece of pork shoulder (outdoor reared in my home County of Hampshire, here in the south of England).

Followed GG's recipe with the exception that I cooked mine in my trusty pressure cooker! I also added a little ground cumin just because I love the stuff.

My toppings were slices of avocado, slices of radish, sliced spring onions and some grated cheese (I used Iberico), and some warmed tortillas cut into wedges.

And the result? Absolutely delicious! Love the flavours and textures (and the pork came out beautifully in the pressure cooker.)

Thanks GG! :)

In other news, I have discovered that Tomatillos are called Physalis in the UK. (Still can't buy it though - other than in jars or tins from some places.)

My mission to use my pressure cooker more continues! During the week I made a Chicken and Lentil Curry - using dried lentils which were not pre-soaked (just rinsed thoroughly). Astonishing - whole thing cooked in 20 minutes and so tasty!

I am now feeling so confident with the PC that I am going to do a couple of thick pork chops (bone in) on Sunday.

I don't want to bore people with my PC "journey" but I did want to acknowledge the support I have had here. I was very nervous when I started using my new PC - so thank you - it is very much appreciated!

My mission to use my pressure cooker more continues! During the week I made a Chicken and Lentil Curry - using dried lentils which were not pre-soaked (just rinsed thoroughly). Astonishing - whole thing cooked in 20 minutes and so tasty!

I am now feeling so confident with the PC that I am going to do a couple of thick pork chops (bone in) on Sunday.

I don't want to bore people with my PC "journey" but I did want to acknowledge the support I have had here. I was very nervous when I started using my new PC - so thank you - it is very much appreciated!
I'm so glad it's working well for you! ? I'm curious about what your plan is for the pork chops. Pork loin cooks pretty quickly.

You could start a thread just for your IP adventures. Anyone who gets one for the first time would benefit from your successes and not so great results and it would be a nice journal of sorts for you.

I agree!
That would be real useful for anyone contemplating cooking with a pressure cooker

Back
Top Bottom