Chicken Stew with Drop Dumplings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you for posting the recipe and the pic, powerplant. Glad this thread was revived or I may not have seen it. :) That's a bowl of comfort food at it's best, a keeper for this winter for sure. :yum:

I like the dumplings either way - slippery steamed or the drier kind....it all gets topped with the goodness of the gravy. YUM!

Last edited:
Thank you for posting the recipe and the pic, powerplant. Glad this thread was revived or I may not have seen it. :) That's a bowl of comfort food at it's best, a keeper for this winter for sure. :yum:

I like the dumplings either way - slippery steamed or the drier kind....it all gets topped with the goodness of the gravy. YUM!

I love all kinds of dumplings!

You can never go wrong with chicken and dumplings. My daughter was very sick with pneumonia in both lungs. Two lobes on one side were full with fluid and the other side was starting to fill up also. While she was in the hospital I made a chicken noodle soup. The nurses kept heating it up a little at a time and she drank the broth with a straw. When she was released, the doctor said it was the chicken soup that was the medicine that was better than any they gave her. When she came home, the first thing she ask for was the chicken soup. Only this time she wanted dumplings with it. A request I was happy to fill. Now every couple of months when she gets sick from the chemo, she will ask me for chicken and dumplings. Glad to oblige! :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom