Cheese wraps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've used sliced American cheese to make a ham or turkey sandwich without bread.

I stopped because I decided I was only trading one potential problem for another. Read the nutrition label and check the fat, sodium, cholesterol before deciding if it is a good deal nutritionally.

Lately, I've been using low carb high fiber flatbread for an occasional treat. The Aldi Fit & Active brand has 100 calories with 9 net carbs per sheet. I usually use a half sheet to make a wrap.

Good luck!

Dietary cholesterol is not a big source of health issues, but having protein and carbs in the same meal slows down the metabolism of the carbs, so you feel full longer and there's less of an impact on blood sugar.

Sometimes too much of a good thing is just too much.

I'm suspicious of anything that says "Made from 100% cheese" and " lactose free."

I'll stick with the corn tortillas.

Last edited:
I'm suspicious of anything that says "Made from 100% cheese" and " lactose free."

I'll stick with the corn tortillas.

You should not be suspicious. As part of the aging process for cheese, acidification occurs. That changes the lactose into lactic acid eliminating the concern of lactose intolerant people. Some cheeses may contain trace amounts of lactose.

Dietary cholesterol is not a big source of health issues, but having protein and carbs in the same meal slows down the metabolism of the carbs, so you feel full longer and there's less of an impact on blood sugar.

Sometimes too much of a good thing is just too much.
I did share that link in the Keto/low carb part of the forum.

Back
Top Bottom