Canning items, already in stock! 4-15-21

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pepperhead212

Executive Chef
I was shocked when I saw this, in a local Dollar General store, remembering last year's shortage. Hopefully, that won't happen again.
Canning goods already in stock! by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Another customer saw them when I did, and she said the exact same thing I did, at almost the exact same time - "I should have gotten a cart!" And we both busted out laughing. We did go get carts, and she got more than I did - I only got 1 doz each of regular pints and 8 oz jelly jars, plus 3 doz regular lids. She said she had run out of most of the canning items, and there was nothing to pick up locally, while she still had the fruits and veggies, so a lot more than usual went into the freezer. No wide mouth in this store yet, but hopefully, they will get those, as I use them more.

The original thing that I went in there to get was something that the store up the street from me, plus one other I stopped by, just to see, stopped carrying - some "Tagless Tea Bags", a box of a hundred for $1.25. Only 6 oz, but still a good buy, but the reason I like them is because the tea in it is actually an oolong, or semi-fermented tea, the type that I get at the Asian markets. It is my favorite tea, if I had to pick a variety, and my favorite for making iced tea, year 'round. Since I was going by this third store, on the way to HD, I stopped, just to see, and they had 6 boxes of it, and I took all of them, just in case! That's when I saw the jars...

Back
Top Bottom