Can I use the air fryer to make porridge?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jimmywang

Assistant Cook
I recently moved to a new apartment and haven't bought a pot yet, I was wondering if an air fryer can make porridge?

jimmy, I don't have an air fryer but I was thinking if I were to try to make porridge in the toaster oven on convection (almost the same thing).

I rather think it would take a rather long time to bake. I don't know your method for making porridge but mine is to add ingredients to water in a pot, bring to boil (on stove top) and let simmer til done. To achieve that in an oven, if you were to boil the water first (assuming you have an electric kettle), mix hot water into your porridge bowl, then bake at maybe something like 400f ...
have no idea how long it would take, but as long as it is sort of bubbling, without overflowing.

Hope someone with a bit more know how comes along to help you!

Are you referring to oatmeal or congee? For either, if you are working with limited space and equipment, you might want to invest in an Instant Pot. You can make either in that, plus a multitude of braises and other dishes.

Yes, you can use an air fryer to make porridge! Porridge is a great way to start your day, and the air fryer is a great way to make it quickly and easily. The air fryer will help you achieve a consistently cooked porridge with a delicious, crispy top. Plus, it's much easier to clean than a pot on the stove. Here's how to make porridge in your air fryer:

1. Gather your ingredients. You'll need oats, water, salt, and any desired add-ins, such as nuts, seeds, or dried fruit.

2. Place the oats and water in the air fryer bowl.

3. Set the temperature to 350°F and set the timer for 15 minutes.

4. After 15 minutes, stir the mixture and add the salt and other add-ins.

5. Return the bowl to the air fryer and set the temperature to 300°F and the timer for 15 minutes.

6. Your porridge is ready to enjoy! Serve with your favorite toppings, and enjoy.

Yes, you can use an air fryer to make porridge! Porridge is a great way to start your day, and the air fryer is a great way to make it quickly and easily. The air fryer will help you achieve a consistently cooked porridge with a delicious, crispy top. Plus, it's much easier to clean than a pot on the stove. Here's how to make porridge in your air fryer:

1. Gather your ingredients. You'll need oats, water, salt, and any desired add-ins, such as nuts, seeds, or dried fruit.

2. Place the oats and water in the air fryer bowl.

3. Set the temperature to 350°F and set the timer for 15 minutes.

4. After 15 minutes, stir the mixture and add the salt and other add-ins.

5. Return the bowl to the air fryer and set the temperature to 300°F and the timer for 15 minutes.

6. Your porridge is ready to enjoy! Serve with your favorite toppings, and enjoy.
What air fryer bowl? The basket type air fryer is 6" and most metal baking pots or pans are 8".

Don't you think a glass bowl would burst?
There are some special air fryer bowls in the market that you can use.

Or as a precaution, you can use the following bowls which are made of silicone and aluminum material and are completely safe.

1. Silicone Air Fryer Pot, 6.3'' Round Reusable Air Fryer Silicone Pot Bowl

2. MoLIDE Air Fryer Silicone Pot - Replacement of Parchment Paper Liners

3. 8-Inch Aluminum Dutch Oven Liner Pans

There are some special air fryer bowls in the market that you can use.

Or as a precaution, you can use the following bowls which are made of silicone and aluminum material and are completely safe.

1. Silicone Air Fryer Pot, 6.3'' Round Reusable Air Fryer Silicone Pot Bowl

2. MoLIDE Air Fryer Silicone Pot - Replacement of Parchment Paper Liners

3. 8-Inch Aluminum Dutch Oven Liner Pans
The basket is 6" and those are tooo big! The paper liners would be a fire hazards.

Back
Top Bottom