Can I reheat cookies in a microwave?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think it would depend on the type of cookie you are heating. Shortbreads and some cookies with additives like chocolate chips, butterscotch bits would reheat, but be careful not to completely liquify the ingredients.
What cookies are you planning to take, and will there be other people needing to use the microwave?

I think it would depend on the type of cookie you are heating. Shortbreads and some cookies with additives like chocolate chips, butterscotch bits would reheat, but be careful not to completely liquify the ingredients.
What cookies are you planning to take, and will there be other people needing to use the microwave?
macademia with white chocolate

Only time you would need to reheat cookies is if they are stale and you want to freshen them. I do not believe a microwave would do that for you.

Please whatever you decide to do ....
DON'T do what my son did one night.
At the time he was working 16 plus hrs a day. No days off for well over a month.He was tired, just going through the motions..
I had made a batch of chocolate chip cookies. Left them in a container on the counter by the microwave and went to bed.
In the middle of the night the smoke alarm went off. Ran out of my room to find my son standing in the kitchen with a handful of cookies munching away. The microwave was going. He had put a few into the microwave to warm them up. On high 30 + minutes :(((
They were burning. He had no idea that the kitchen was full of smoke.
We had to really shake him to get him to wake up. He was sleep walking. Nuking...
To this day we still raz him about that. The microwave survived, though just a bit off color on the inside.
His defense has never wavered. "I just wanted a warm cookie!"
We still laugh..Long and loud. :)

Munky.

I guess you locked up the cookies, after that?

On a serious note, something to be careful about, especially with CC cookies, is heating too much, then eating. I've seen people burn their mouths doing this. You know how you have to wait for them to cool quite a while, when baking them, otherwise the chips are burning hot? Evidently even worse in the MW!

there are some people who deny the fact that microwave ovens have a power setting . . . they think it's ON or OFF

which is not true. Microwave ovens can do wonders for/on all kinds of things using low power levels, and - for high fat stuff - resting time between low power bursts. it takes _time_ for heat to move thru butter/fats/oils. trying to nuke it one-and-done often fails, with smoke - or other.....

Seeing to Believe, your macadamia nut cookies sound delicious! I'm sure everyone will enjoy them at room temperature and you are wise to leave them out of the microwave. Why take a chance on messing up something wonderful?

Strange place to only have a microwave and no other means of cooking.
Well, maybe it's a dorm room or someone renting a room from another person's house... or maybe one of those tiny apartments with limited resources. Some of those place only have a fridge and microwave. For stovetop cooking, you have to buy a hot plate.

Back
Top Bottom