Can I change my username?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Badjak

Sous Chef
I decided to register, then found that my email address was already in use.
After clicking the "forgotten password" link, I could reset and log in. Apparently I registered years ago and username looks slightly familiar. But I would like a different username.
Is that at all possible?

Yes, a mod can do it for you. The easiest way to get their attention is to click the Report button on your own post and send them a request for a new username.

Thanks,
I found the report button is only visible if I go to "full site" view, but it says to strictly only use the button for spam, advertising and harrassment.
I suppose I better wait a bit to see if it gets picked up here, instead of being off-sides with my first actions here

Its not as cut and dry as it seems. If the forum software is like the other prehistoric Verticlescope controls you are only allowed one account.
I believe an admin must do this and one account needs to be deleted. I am not sure but I don't think a moderator has the power to remove an account or change a user name.
I could be wrong.

Hi there kahawai, I'm still sopping wet behind the ears as a moderator but I'll see what can be done...

just be patient.

Its not as cut and dry as it seems. If the forum software is like the other prehistoric Verticlescope controls you are only allowed one account.
I believe an admin must do this and one account needs to be deleted. I am not sure but I don't think a moderator has the power to remove an account or change a user name.
I could be wrong.
I may have been wrong by saying mod, but reporting it will get the attention of someone who can fix it.

For another time, there is a blue bar at the bottom of the page with a link to "Contact Us". If you click that, it opens up a form to submit a form send a message to the moderators.

For another time, there is a blue bar at the bottom of the page with a link to "Contact Us". If you click that, it opens up a form to submit a form send a message to the moderators.

I see at the bottom, all the way to the bottom of my PC website page, "Contact Us" in a blue banner and yes it does bring up that up... but no stars

Thanks taxlady,
Seems like it only comes up in full site view, same as the report button.

I'm using mobile view.

@dragnlaw: I've tried to reply to your pm. Don't know if that came true, but I would like "Badjak" as my user name

Sign out of your account here.
Then see if you can register a new account. You only have 7 points. So a new account is not a big deal.
Is your IP address the same this time as last time? If it has changed you should have no issue with a completely new account and new user name.
However, if your IP address is the same, the forum controls may see it as 2 accounts for one person.
You have nothing to loose trying.

My IP address may be the same. I don't know.

Sign out as in log out? If so, that won't work as that's how I tried registering. The system refused as my email address is still the same.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom