Cacio e pepe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Is Cacio e pepe delish?

• Yes, very

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • kind of

• not really

• no, not at all

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Janet Smith

Assistant Cook
Hello! I have just found a recipe in my cookbook for Cacio e pepe, and i was wondering if it was good? Thanks guys:chef:

It's a hugely popular dish. Only you can decide if it's "good". It's a combination of pasta, cheese and pepper.

IMO, Cacio e Pepe is a wonderful dish. The ingredients are minimal, but there is some technique involved in emulsifying the sauce properly. You can't just dump the cheese into the pan and toss with the pasta (hopefully the recipe you found explains the correct technique).

My recommendation is that the first time you make this, please, please do yourself a favor and find the correct ingredients. Do NOT use domestic Parmesan or even Parmigianno-Reggiano. This dish NEEDS to be made with imported Pecorino-Romano, and not domestic Romano cheese. Pecorio-Romano is made with sheep's milk as opposed to cow's milk (Parm), and there is a noticeable difference in flavor.

Also, please try to use fresh cracked black pepper. If not, the pepper loses flavor notes due to oxidation.

Since the dish really consists of just a few ingredients, the quality and origin will make a huge impact on the final product.

Back
Top Bottom