Budget Friendly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love soups. That one looks terrific and I can see why someone would eat it for lunch daily.

Absolutely! During winter and even part of fall I make a pot a week and it’s a great simple lazy quick lunch. I started doing this years ago as working outside in sub 0 temps kinda sucked but a thermos of warm hearty soup at lunch was the ticket. If that wasn’t the case I was laid off for some winters and it was super cheap, delicious and went all week. Soup is a saviour for the soul for sure

Yeah, I want to learn how to cook nice food on a small budget. I heard that you can cook with CBD oil, but CBD oil is expensive. Maybe someone can help me. I kind of found several websites where are nice recipes with CBD oil. On some websites, it seems that it is not too expensive. Maybe someone can share their experience? I found that adilCBD has nice budget recipes. Probably there are more recipes. Just would be nice to hear about another experience.

Yeah, I want to learn how to cook nice food on a small budget. I heard that you can cook with CBD oil, but CBD oil is expensive. Maybe someone can help me. I kind of found several websites where are nice recipes with CBD oil. On some websites, it seems that it is not too expensive. Maybe someone can share their experience? I found that adilCBD has nice budget recipes. Probably there are more recipes. Just would be nice to hear about another experience.
Saw the preceding post yesterday. Having come of age in the sixties, I'm embarrassed to admit never having heard of CBD oil. Did a quick Google search and scanned the opening paragraph of the first few results. So of course today there are several videos on the subject in my YouTube feed.

1. Welcome to the forum Unfearnes.
  2. I don't see any suggestions for using it as a cooking oil. On the contrary, heat reportedly detracts from hoped-for beneficial results. There are reports of people adding it to baked goods but not as a substitute for the fat required to make a decent brownie.
  3. I haven't seen anybody claiming it has budgetary advantages.
  4. Although I have no experience with CBD oil, I have seen and experienced many instances of intact male bovine excrement and in my own opinion, this seems to fall under that generic heading.

If you eat grains and legumes, they are found in grocery stores for less than 1$/lb, potatoes often go for $0.30/lb, vegetables anywhere from $0.49/lb to $1.69/lb, fruit like apples are less, fruit like berries more, $0.99 to $3.00/lb, pasta runs $0.67-$1.29/lb, meat runs from $1.99/lb to $18.00/lb, nuts and seeds run high along the lines with meat, dry fruit also runs $3.00/lb to much higher depending on the fruit, dairy and eggs are subsidized like corn for much less than they are worth in calories if you are trying to get enough of...calories/nutrition.

Processed food is much more/lb, unprocessed food is much less, processing you do yourself saves you money. You pay for the convenience of processed foods. Take for instance beef jerky, you can buy the meat, make it into jerky, for much less than $26/lb. I haven't done the actual processing and weighing.

Grains and legumes are very inexpensive in the grocery store dry and unprocessed, going from 4 cups of dry beans to edible cooked beans increases their volume to 3 quarts. This 'invisible' volume change saves you 3 times as much as it is estimated, if you eat it, when thinking $1.00/lb, to recognizing it is 12 cups of edible food from 4 cups dried. Grains and beans expand and absorb water at different rates but legumes gain more weight and grains less.

Over a lifetime, americans eat in a year 1 ton of food, 2000 lbs, when broken down on a day to day basis, that is 3-5 lbs/day. Think of that when you're carrying in your groceries day after day. 3-5 lbs of food, when compressed is 6-10 cups of food per day, broken up into breakfast, lunch, and dinner, as 2-3 cups of food per meal. Salads are fluffy and so salads are not compressed and hard to measure unless you are willing to compress them, and no one would want to do that. A 4 cup salad may be 2 cups of food compressed.

Figure out your strategy on how you want to budget. I'm sure this is more than you wanted to know. :LOL: I don't know anything about cbd oils and I don't use them or extracted oils...I don't have any experience with cbd. Seems like if it is expensive, you'd want to use it without heating it, to preserve any natural anti-oxidant properties, so I wouldn't cook with it personally.

Back
Top Bottom