Brownie Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking4Fun

Senior Cook
First off. They change the categories in here?

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/10549/best-brownies/

I tried this recipe and threw maraschino cherries in it. It was more like a puddingy cake than brownies. Any recommendations to make it more chewy?

What kind of brownie are you looking for?

Adding moisture in the form of cherries will definitely make the batter more moist and thicker.

I did strain the cherries after chopping finely. I want them to be closer to store bought. A little crispy on top and chewy inside but by no means liquidy. These raised a bit more in middle before getting flat when cooling. Was hoping it would get taller and stay that way.

I agree dried fruit would be the way to go. Especially if you like your brownies to stay "up", as in a more cake type.

Always thought than when the top fell back in was what gave it the yummynotcake texture. :yum:

I agree dried fruit would be the way to go. Especially if you like your brownies to stay "up", as in a more cake type.

Always thought than when the top fell back in was what gave it the yummynotcake texture. :yum:

Do they make dried maraschino cherries? Or just the sweet and bitter raisin type?

Cooking, I buy dried cherries at either Aldi or Trader Joe's. Regular grocery stores probably carry them, too.

The TJ's cherries are just cherries. The Southern Grove from Aldi include cane sugar and sunflower oil. Hmm, guess I'll take the long hike to TJ's when I need to restock.

For more cake-like brownies increase flour to 34 cup, and baking powder to 3/4 tsp. Add an extra 2tsp. butter as well. Dried fruits, or even freeze dried fruits such as strawberries, cherries, raspberries, and blueberries all work with this batter. Mini marshmallows are also good, as are peanut butter, or white chocolate chips, and of course, pecans, hazelnuts, Macadamia nuts, chopped brazil nuts, or walnuts,

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

For more cake-like brownies increase flour to 34 cup, and baking powder to 3/4 tsp. Add an extra 2tsp. butter as well. Dried fruits, or even freeze dried fruits such as strawberries, cherries, raspberries, and blueberries all work with this batter. Mini marshmallows are also good, as are peanut butter, or white chocolate chips, and of course, pecans, hazelnuts, Macadamia nuts, chopped brazil nuts, or walnuts,

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I want more brownie like. Less cake like. It needs to be chewy and stay together well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom