Bresaola

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here is a simple video of another recipe..He uses gut to wrap the meat...I used cheese cloth that I soaked in salt water first...rolled it up and tied the ends...then you can tie the whole thing up for curing...If you search around, there are a lot of different recipes..find one that works for you or combine features from a few...

https://youtu.be/6pT1IgQzbYg

Last edited:
Here is a simple video of another recipe..He uses gut to wrap the meat...I used cheese cloth that I soaked in salt water first...rolled it up and tied the ends...then you can tie the whole thing up for curing...If you search around, there are a lot of different recipes..find one that works for you or combine features from a few...

https://youtu.be/6pT1IgQzbYg

Cool video, thanks, and thank you for sharing your recipe.

Have you considered using tubular gauze for wrapping the meat instead of cheese cloth? You can probably get some at your pharmacy. It should probably be a kind that is made of natural materials with no latex. Personally, I hate the way the loose weave of cheese cloth tends to separate when you use it.

Cool video, thanks, and thank you for sharing your recipe.

Have you considered using tubular gauze for wrapping the meat instead of cheese cloth? You can probably get some at your pharmacy. It should probably be a kind that is made of natural materials with no latex. Personally, I hate the way the loose weave of cheese cloth tends to separate when you use it.

What about use one of the organic cotton nut milk bags or reusable produce bags? Or even a small cotton lingerie bags.

What about use one of the organic cotton nut milk bags or reusable produce bags? Or even a small cotton lingerie bags.

I don't know if it matters, but those wouldn't shape to the meat in the same way. I suspect the wrapping is supposed to be firmly touching the entire surface of the meat.

I guess you could use anything you want as long as it is sterile and dries well..what I did find is that cheesecloth has loose fibres so the moldy bits were hard to completely remove as it got in with the threading..although, it didn't make much of a difference after I took it off and wiped the finished bresaola off...I think whatever you use to wrap the meat, it should be wrapped fairly snugly and help shape the finished product into a nice cylinder so it will dry evenly. If it isn't uniform, one part may be dried before another..

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom