Brach's and other childhood favorites

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
Growing up, my paternal grandparents always had a bowl of Brach's Bridge mix available. I loved picking out and munching everything but the chocolate covered mints, as I detest the candy mint flavor. Favorites were the chocolate covered malted milk balls, the various chocolate covered nuts, and raisins , and double coated chocolate covered peanuts. My Dad often had Brach's chocolate Stars, Double Chocolate coated.chocolates, and chocolate bars As I grew older, I tried many different peanuts, and non Pareils. K was a fan. And then my Dad introduced me to Cadbury Caramello bars. I also had a fondness of Bunn mape, and Bunn Vanilla. y Dad loved Bit Of Honey, and Bit of Peanut Butter taffe. I of course tried slow pokes, Milk Duds, and just about everything on the store shelves at one time or another, including the flavored wax Pan Flutes. My fi rst experience with tempered chocolate was Russel Stover's French Silk Chocolate bar, which I never found again after my first taste. It was wonderful. NOw, favorites are Ritter Sport Dark with Hazelnuts, Snickers, Dove Dark Chocolate, See's Candies, and Castronovo chocolates.What are your favorites?

Seeeeya; Chief Longwindof the North

Oh yeah, I liked the Brach's Bridge Mix. But, my favourite, was See's Candies, mostly the nuts and chews, not the creams. I did really enjoy the chocolate covered ginger and the chocolate covered marzipan. But, my absolute favourite was the California brittle. I haven't really changed my mind about any of that, now that I'm an old lady.

My mother lived the Brach's orange and lemon cream filled chocolates. I liked the Orange ones and the malted milk balls and chocolate stars. I loved it when I got to pick from the Brach's display as a child. Hard butterscotches, which I still like. Those little hard lemon candies shaped like a lemon and had been dusted with confectioners sugar maybe. Still like those as well, but haven't seen them in years and years, other than at an ice cream place that sells old fashioned candy.

Now, Dove, Godiva, hand made chocolates from a local place.

Last edited:
Lemon drops, butterfinger, Fannie Mae's Marshmallow Mint Puffs, Hershey Kisses, and well....um....candy. frozen Zero bars or reeses cups.

Also loved bridge mix - especially the caramels!

Also loved Mary Janes and mint pastels. I think they were called Merrimints?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom