Bluebery Mirror Cke

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
sometimes, just sometimes, you think of something that would be crazy good. This recipe is that. I thought about a blueberry cake, with a blueberry mouse, and blueberry mirror glaze. Having never made this desert, I took a look on line and found this YouTube video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBuMpHD1BLo.

It looked wonderful, but not the right flavor. So I would make a blueberry coulis, and strain it through a fine, mesh sieve to replace the strawberry sauce used in the online recipe. I would also take freeze-dried blueberries, blend them into powder, and add to the mirror glaze, then strain to remove seeds.

Further searching brought me here - https://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/blueberry-mousse This would be frozen, and placed onto The blueberry cake.

Finally. I added my favorite cheesecake recipe, with a twist -
​ Original New York Cheesecake

Dense, rich, and yummy. This cheesecake is my favorite. My whole family loves it. Here’s the recipe to use with a nine inch spring-form pan. or this desert, I'm omitting the graham cracker crust, and sweetened sour cream topping.

Ingredients:

For the Filling:
2 lbs. Cream cheese
¾ cup Sugar
2 large Eggs
1 tsp. Vanilla extract
2 tbs. Cornstarch
1 cup Sour Cream1 cup fresh blueberries

Preheat the oven to 450’ F.
Soften the cream cheese in your microwave (Don’t over do it; the cream cheese must be warm, not hot.) and place into a large bowl. Cream in the sugar until everything is smooth. Beat in the remaining ingredients, except for the berries, until all is well blended, smooth and creamy. Fold in the blueberries.

Pour the filling into a parchment lined, 9 inch springform pan. Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Lower the temperature to 200’ F. And bake for an additional 35 minutes. Turn off the heat and crack the oven door. Let the cheesecake cool with the oven door cracked, for 2 to 3 hours. This will help prevent the custard from cracking.

If you want to get real tricky, line the springform pan with parchment paper and omit the crust. Cook the cheesecake, Chill for an hour. Remove the pan sides, and parchment paper. Place your cheesecake on top of the blueberry mouse cake, and freeze for 1 hour. Coat with the blueberry-mirror glaze.

So whatcha think? Does this inspire anyone to put in the time to make this showstopper?

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom