Bloody Mary

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
I love a good bloody mary.

We went to visit our friends who had just bought a condo in Boston. They invited us for Sunday brunch.

Part of the menu was bloody marys, and boy were the good. They used a bottled mix. We liked it enough to go out and buy a bottle for ourselves.

If you happen to have a jar of pickled asparagus to garnish it, better yet.

It's from Stonewall Kitchens: Stonewall Kitchen

Attachments

• BMM.jpg
    BMM.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 347
:yum:

I love a good bloody Bloody Mary, the garnish is all part of the fun!

Try, a Claussen dill pickle spear, a big fat shrimp, a lime wedge, a sprig of fresh basil, grape tomatoes, a pickled peperoncino, a colossal queen stuffed olive, a frond of fresh dill weed, the list goes on and on all summer long!!!:ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Last edited:

Try, a Claussen dill pickle spear, a big fat shrimp, a lime wedge, a sprig of fresh basil, grape tomatoes, a pickled peperoncino, a colossal queen stuffed olive, a frond of fresh dill weed, the list goes on and on all summer long!!!:ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Gosh, Aunt Bea, I don't know if I can get all that into m glass and have room for the drink! :ohmy:

Stonewall Kitchens is headquartered in York, ME, right off I-95 at Exit 7. Their store in York has a huge selection of their products, and you can sample a lot of them. It's really become a big business. Their prices have grown over the years as well.

I checked and they have it at the larger Wegman's stores in my area.

A little spendy for me, we'll see! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

If you are making your own Bloody Mary mix forget the tomato juice and grab a can of the best crushed tomatoes you can find. The thicker tomato product will hold up better when you add the other ingredients. It will also hold up better in the glass as the ice melts into it.

Sounds like a good mix, Andy. Nice idea about the crushed tomatoes, AB.

Up at da lake, we Canucks and part-Canucks loved our Bloody Caesars, made with Clamato juice along with the usual suspects. A pickled green bean, as served in some places in NOLA, is also good. I don't drink bloody anythings anymore because of the sodium, but they were all delish.

Last edited:
One of my favourite drinks. Very nice on a Sunday afternoon in the local pub that I frequent. They make a mean one thats good and spicy.

Dirty with stuffed green olives and Cheezit's :blush: :angel:

Oh, brother..now I HAVE to have one of those very soon. Love the garnishes, Aunt . I have used Mr & Mrs T's mix..it worked for me.

Bloody Mary is very popular in Russia, or rather was popular in my days because there were not a lot of other mixes available. Simply there was nothing available then. It is different now that country is open. Personally I love to use tomato juice as a chaiser but cannot stand the taste of bloody mary.

Back
Top Bottom