Best reasonably-priced wine/food matches?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maybe most of my dislike of Merlot is because I don't really buy expensive wines. Back in the 1980s, I heard good things about Cabernet Sauvignon, but it was too pricey for my budget. I went to a resto that had one of those nitrogen wine cabinets that serve wine by the glass. They had a reasonably priced Cabernet Sauvignon from Chile. I tried it and adored it. I started buying that from the SAQ (Société des alcools du Québec, Provincially run liquor stores). I tried various brands. There was one I that had that unpleasant flavour that I associate with Merlot. Sure 'nuf, when I looked carefully at the bottle, it was a blend with some Merlot. I occasionally get some at a party or as a resto's house wine. The last time that happened, I still detected and disliked it. I wouldn't mind trying it again, if someone else is willing to drink the rest, if I still hate it. But, I'm definitely aware that if I know ahead of time that it's a Merlot, I would start out prejudiced against it. Honestly, I have no reason other than flavour to dislike Merlot. I hadn't heard of it before I found out that I dislike it. I haven't heard anyone else say that it isn't nice. Maybe a more expensive Merlot wouldn't have that flavour. But, I don't want to buy a pricey bottle of wine that I might dislike.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom