Best Air Fryer Basket for a Convection Oven

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JonnyBago82

Assistant Cook
Hey everyone.

A friend of mine recommended this forum to me, so hopefully you are all friendly and can help me out with a question. :)

I'm looking for opinions on what's the best air fryer basket for a convection oven. I found this article and they are suggesting the Gotham 1683 Steel Air Fryer Tray, but I have no idea.

I'm clueless with this stuff, but want to buy one for my wife. 😆

Thanks.

Welcome JonnyBago to DC.
As I posted above, that's what I'm assuming. I do not have an Air Fryer and my understanding is that they use far less oil for "frying", making whatever you cook healthier.
Don't know your circumstances - but I'm thinking although not cheap, certainly a lot cheaper than an Air Fryer itself. Are meals just for 2 of you? or a whole gang.

If a gang, sounds like it might be a good idea. The first 3 sound OK, except for the maximum 400 F mentioned on the very first one. A lot of my frozen foods get done at 425 or 450. I think most "frying" foods would be at that.
Consider too, that these trays are to replace Deep Fat Frying! Do you do a lot?
That's all I can think of - guess I've not been that much help.

That temperature limitation was one of the key things for me, when I chose my first Air Fryer. Believe it or not, most of them do not heat over 400F! So, you cannot use them as a regular oven for things that require the higher temp....but, that's not much help to OP either. Sorry!

Hi and welcome to Discuss Cooking :)

I'm not familiar with these products, but if you have stainless steel or aluminum sheet pans with racks, you can use those in the same way. I have used mine to cook breaded chicken at 425F for years. They come out nice and crispy.

So you might already have something you can use for this purpose.

I have a convection, toaster oven, not an air fryer. I use my dehydrating racks to "air fry". The reason I use those, is because they stack, so I can get a lot on a single shelf (on multiple racks) and I get air heating stuff from all sides. I put a sheet pan to catch any drips or bits of food, on a shelf below the stuff I'm cooking.

Maybe you can find something like those stacking, dehydrating racks.

My daughter has those 'stacking, dehydrating racks' but I thought they were plastic. taxy, yours are metal? able to take the higher heat?
Yeah, mine are metal. They are made for a toaster oven with "fan bake". I bought them on eBay a few years ago. They are the ones that were sold by the company that made the toaster oven. But, that oven is oooollllldddd. I got it for Xmas in 1995.

WOW and the oven is still going! That's great. Give it a pat each night and say "Love Yuh!" I have fan on mine and I have found I use it a lot whereas I don't believe I ever used the fan on my last big stove.
I believe I posted a picture here once about how I jury-rigged a tray with a rack on higher legs so that I could do my fish'n chips in one shot, just like the Air Fryers. LOL
Works for me!

WOW and the oven is still going! That's great. Give it a pat each night and say "Love Yuh!" I have fan on mine and I have found I use it a lot whereas I don't believe I ever used the fan on my last big stove.
I believe I posted a picture here once about how I jury-rigged a tray with a rack on higher legs so that I could do my fish'n chips in one shot, just like the Air Fryers. LOL
Works for me!
I seem to remember that picture.

Hi, I'm considering buying an air fryer. I've never used one before, always been a bit skeptical about new cooking methods.
There are so many different ones to choose from, I'm so confused.
Any ideas for a first timer? Just for small batches, household use.
Thank you.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom