Bedtime Story

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Uncle Bubba

Executive Chef
So, my 5 1/2 year old son brings me a Dr. Suess book for our nightly story. I tell him I don't want to read Dr. Seuss so I tell him "let's read a book about BBQ". So I get out Smoke and Spice and read the first couple of pages. I know he's not absorbing any of it other than BBQ, pork, smoker, pit but I figure if he's interested enough to sit for 5-10 minutes and listen to me read about BBQ then maybe he'll be interested enough to learn as he grows up and he'll have a hell of a pit to cook on.

Is this demented???? ;)

Uncle Bubba said:
So, my 5 1/2 year old son brings me a Dr. Suess book for our nightly story. I tell him I don't want to read Dr. Seuss so I tell him "let's read a book about BBQ". So I get out Smoke and Spice and read the first couple of pages. I know he's not absorbing any of it other than BBQ, pork, smoker, pit but I figure if he's interested enough to sit for 5-10 minutes and listen to me read about BBQ then maybe he'll be interested enough to learn as he grows up and he'll have a hell of a pit to cook on.

Is this demented???? ;)

Not really... But make sure he really wants to be a BBQer like you.. He might want to be a scientist or something else....That is a cool bedtime story though..can you make a video and read it to us sometime? :shock:

Yes you are demented! :LOL: Both of my boys love to cook out. I miss my youngest (Lyle) who is gone now. He could cook some mean chicken on his own pit he made. That kid had it down. Keep reading Bubba! :D

Hey Bubba,
Why don't you try and mix Smoke and Spice with Dr. Seuss, and make it a really good read! :shock:
Hmmm maybe you have something going here ;)

If he can sit and listen to you read out loud, then his power of attention and concentration is very high, and will turn out very successful. :roll: :LOL:

Captain Morgan said:
I like blue barbecue and ham.
I like to eat them in a house.
I like to eat them with a mouse.
I like to eat them in a car.
I like to eat them in a bar.

In the land of Barbequezell, live briskets and butts,
and snerkwads and snoozles, eat zizzerbee nuts!

In your magic zoo-quer with sticks made of wood
from the Horn-Swonkle Tree
From the land called Snoo-Snood
You'll smoke up the meat
from the beast called Ba-zood!
Till it reaches 200
And then it's called FOOD!

But be ever so careful
To watch as you toil,
The Momma-Thermeter
And the Bubba Q Zoil!
For the moment is coming
The pain will be ROYAL.
Should you drop the Q-zonker
And forget the FOIL!

I tickle myself sometimes!

Woodman said:
In the land of Barbequezell, live briskets and butts,
and snerkwads and snoozles, eat zizzerbee nuts!

In your magic zoo-quer with sticks made of wood
from the Horn-Swonkle Tree
From the land called Snoo-Snood
You'll smoke up the meat
from the beast called Ba-zood!
Till it reaches 200
And then it's called FOOD!

But be ever so careful
To watch as you toil,
The Momma-Thermeter
And the Bubba Q Zoil!
For the moment is coming
The pain will be ROYAL.
Should you drop the Q-zonker
And forget the FOIL!

I tickle myself sometimes!

Pretty good. ;)

Is this demented???? ;)

;)
Same fellings.

There isn't that much, but ensure he is sincere about wanting to cook barbecue like you. It's possible that he aspires to be a researcher or does something else that would make a good bedtime story.

bedtime story for grielfriend
Is this demented???? ;)
And you should that hearing BBQ story to your son.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom