Banana Bread Royalle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
There was at one time, a lady in DC who called herself Audio. She gave us a remarkable banana bread recipe that I can't seem to find. In any case, I am modifying the recipe as follows: add peanut butter chips, and chocolate chips to the batter before putting the batter into a loaf pan. I believe the banana bread, the chunks of banana, and the peanut butter and chocolate chips would play well with each other.

Just an idea to try.:cool:

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Sorry, Chief, but there is no way I'm going to ruin a good banana bread with peanut butter chips. That just seems so wrong. If you like it that way, though, have at it and enjoy! :yum: I, on the other hand, like to add just walnuts. Himself's sister will add fresh blueberries to her's. Himself is lucky - he gets to eat all of what she shares with us.

I couldn't find my Mom's banana nut bread recipe card for years. My memory of it was that it was the best I ever made or tasted. Since we moved to MA, I have tried many recipes, both from DC and other sites and cookbooks, and never found one that was just right. Lo and behold, I found her card earlier this year. If you would like, I would be happy to add her recipe to the collection here on DC. Just let me know and I'll post "Cooking Goddess' Mom's Banana Nut Bread" for you.

And you are free to like another version better. No hard feeling. ;)

Last edited:
CG, nothing like a banana, peanut butter sammie. Some people like them grilled like a grilled cheese, but not me.

Sigh. I bet we all have a recipe for something that we wish we could find again that was given to us by (fill in the blank: your grandma, aunt, friend, neighbor etc) and wish we could re-create it again as we remember it being so good.

I didn't even know there are such things as peanut butter chips. Could be good in banana bread. I like chocolate chips in zucchini bread too.

I haven't made a grilled peanut butter/banana sandwich in eons. I could see sprinkling some chocolate chips inside that sandwich.

CG, I'd love it if you would post your mama's banana bread recipe. :)

Thanks to Andy for re-posting Audeo's recipe, and to Whisk for the link to others as well.

This thread is perfect timing. I have several VERY ripe bananas and hope to make a banana bread later this evening tomorrow, unless mine are so ripe that they are too far gone. :rolleyes::LOL:

Sigh. I bet we all have a recipe for something that we wish we could find again that was given to us by (fill in the blank: your grandma, aunt, friend, neighbor etc) and wish we could re-create it again as we remember it being so good.

I didn't even know there are such things as peanut butter chips. Could be good in banana bread. I like chocolate chips in zucchini bread too.

I haven't made a grilled peanut butter/banana sandwich in eons. I could see sprinkling some chocolate chips inside that sandwich.

Oh yes, Whisk! They're right there with the chocolate chips in the baking aisle. My mom had a wonderful cookie recipe that uses them. I'll have to look it up. Chocolate cookies using Hershey's cocoa, with peanut butter chips. Yum. :yum:

CG, nothing like a banana, peanut butter sammie. Some people like them grilled like a grilled cheese, but not me.
I'm pretty simple with my 'nanner preferences: plain and eaten out-of-hand, or in banana bread. Don't want it in a smoothie, in a pudding, with schmears or dips. Plain. Silly, ol' simple me.

I couldn't find my Mom's banana nut bread recipe card for years. My memory of it was that it was the best I ever made or tasted.
I have the same memory of my grandma Olson's banana bread. It's a wonderful recipe, and one she gave me (and only me) before she passed. Every time I made that bread, it instantly transported me back in time to her tiny little kitchen, where I always remember grandma futzing around in her housecoat and slippers, all the while chattering away in her thick German accent.

Although her recipe says walnuts are optional - and I love toasted walnuts - I never added them. Probably because my grandma never did. She said those little pieces of nuts would stick in her dentures. :huh:

I agree completely that banana bread should be simple. Other than bananas, it doesn't really need extra "stuff" to make it better.

Sadly, I haven't had banana bread in over three years. It just doesn't fit well with my current way of eating. If I'm going to cheat these days, I would rather it be with a nice fat slice of Chicago deep dish pizza. :pig:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom