Baking in my new GE Toaster Oven!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As Andy has said, OR once the oven has preheated, turn it OFF. Turn it back on to the temp you need and set it for 10 minutes - turn your shrimp - reset it again and done!

I've done that. Unless I set a separate timer, I forget and sometimes cook it too long on one side and then I'm not happy with the results when I do turn it over because I can't leave it long enough to finish properly without over cooking.
OR as above - reset for your total minutes, set a separate timer to turn them over and then it will turn off at the end of the time needed.

If your intention is to cook the food 10 minutes on each side, why don't you set the timer at the beginning to 20 minutes? Then put the food in when the preheating is done and, after 10 minutes of cooking, turn the food over and let it continue to cook on the second side for 10 minutes.
It's probably better if I take photos.
When I set it to bake - I have the option of how much time to bake and how many degrees.
No matter what I set the timer to (in the beginning) after I put it in to bake (after preheating) - it just shuts off after 5 minutes. It doesn't seem to matter what time is set.

I've had to go by a clock in the room; to ensure that they are baked for 10 minutes. When watching it after 5 minutes; it shuts off. Then I make sure to start again and bake them 5 more minutes...I don't know why it is doing that.

It's probably better if I take photos.
When I set it to bake - I have the option of how much time to bake and how many degrees.
No matter what I set the timer to (in the beginning) after I put it in to bake (after preheating) - it just shuts off after 5 minutes. It doesn't seem to matter what time is set.

I've had to go by a clock in the room; to ensure that they are baked for 10 minutes. When watching it after 5 minutes; it shuts off. Then I make sure to start again and bake them 5 more minutes...I don't know why it is doing that.
I did not understand that before. That sounds like a defect in the product. Is it returnable?

The item is not returnable. I got it at a great price at Bed N Bath (going out of business) I'll have to reread the manual to see if there are any clues....

I don't think it is 'overheating' - It preheats, I put in the food, it shuts down after 5 minutes. I press start again to cook it another 5 minutes or so...then I turn it over. Again, after 5 minutes, I have to restart.

Hi all,
I just wanted to thank everyone for their feedback.
I'll finish this thread by saying - I figured out what I was doing wrong - !!! After preheating for about 5 minutes; I think what I was doing was 'opening' the door - stopping it and restarting it to bake; but I wasn't able to adjust the time by doing that!

I just put the food in after preheating - and then adjusted the time to about 20 minutes (I still have to experiment with that)...then all I had to do was press the 'start' button which was flashing and when I did, the clock started counting down the minutes! So, problem solved.

With the price of foil, much more economical reuse those mats. Plus better for the environment by reducing waste.

Back
Top Bottom