Aspics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you have some slightly softer aspic from making stock or a roast, it looks really pretty piled onto the sandwich.yup, definitely gonna try that
And yeah, for a party, the bread isn't supposed to show. ;) Wish I could find the picture from the Danish Embassy party we went to. Pretty sure the bread showed on those platters. I could see the type of bread I liked and left the ones I didn't LOL tried to make my little brother eat them.
Actually "smorgasboard" is a mispronunciation of "smörgåsbord", which means a sandwich table (board/plank). The Danish version of that is "smørrebrødsbord". To a Scandinavian, a sandwich table is an assortment of sandwiches. yup, just like I said.

There are probably as many versions as there are chefs!:LOL:

@ draginlaw

3. I can't say I've seen them for a buck, that could be just where I live but I have seen the powder packages for $.59. Add a little hot water, stir and you have 4 servings for approx $.15 each. I do it all the time and have a choice of sugar free and/or fruit added.

Dollar Tree, SnackPack, Orange & Strawberry in both regular and sugar free.
Also puddings.

Cost a little more but it keeps and will be ready to eat on opening.

Do they make Snap E Tom these days? :LOL: I love spicy tomato juice...!

Spicy tomato juice or Tomato juice cocktail:
1 quart tomato, or V8 juice
1/2 tsp. dill weed (optional)
1.2 tsp. black pepper
1 Minced Mulatto chili pod

Combine all ingredients and shake well. Let sit overnight, chilled in fridge. Drink straight up, or use in sauces, drinks, chili, or wet rubs. Also great when used in Pulled pork, or shredded eef. This pepper is available here - https://penderys.com/chile-peppers/chile-pods-whole-and-diced.html

Of course you can use canned Chipotle peppers, or any fresh or dried pepper you are familiar with and enjoy. So go ahead and spice up your tomato juice. It's really easy.:)

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Back
Top Bottom