Appetizers ... Are They A Snack Or A Meal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Appetizers ... Are They A Snack Or A Meal?

• Just a snack to whet your appetite

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I prefer them as a meal

• They really could be either IMHO

Votes: 14 100.0%
  • Neither

• Total voters
Im a big fan of variety, so I love when a meal consists of multiple appetizers than just one item. Sometimes when we go to a new restaurant, we'll order maybe 1 main dish, but multiple appetizers so we can sample a bunch of stuff to get a good idea of the restaurant itself and whether we'll be making a return trip.

Exactly!!

Ross

Hard to distinguish, taxy, probably a little bit of both. Also a time factor because yes, many appetizers take a bit effort. One would be OK but 3 (or more) didn't fly! :LOL:

I don't find store appetizers as good as homemade. Sometimes maybe prettier but either too salty, not spicy enough, too much breading, etc. But yes,:rolleyes: certainly faster!

We didn't get far enough into the planning to see who would cook what, where, and all the other whatfors.

So it is still on my to-do list. Work out what can be done, frozen. day-before, fridge, morning of, then all cooked or just heated, etc.

I'm sure that those here who have done catering (or that style) for years could work it out in a minute or so. But like the Tin Man and now a Gingerbread "Greenhouse" with all the glass windows of sheet gelatin - I don't have a formula or lesson sheet to follow. All done from whatever I can glean from Dr. Google.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that they're a snack too :) I always have pot stickers, spring rolls, mini knishes, pizza bites ... within arms reach if I need a quick fix, minimal prep snack.

A couple of friends and I used to do the multi appies thing... but seeing as it has been close to 12/14 years since I've gone to a restaurant worthy of a comment ....

It's a Neighborhood Gal Pal's card game day
and I made this:

IMG_0210.jpg

Crudités with "Everything But The Bagel Dip",
made with this:

IMG_0212.jpg

I saw this on a YouTube Streaming program, thought
I'd give it a try since it was half off
(kinda spendy for an 8oz. tub of cream cheese $4.xx USD full pirce :ohmy:)

and some of this:

IMG_0213.jpg

since neither DH nor I cared for the Bread that I made this with:

IMG_6257.jpg

I made up the dip last night to meld in the `fridge overnight,
but I did have to taste it to make sure that it was edible ;)

DELICIOUS!!!

I made a second meal out of a small bowl of dip
and small Baby Carrots!
I'll be making another meal of this dip today for lunch :LOL:

*Cook's note: I did not care for the Aged Cheddar Cream Cheese
on it's on on a cracker, but MAN! This combined with some
Sour Cream and seasonings is terrific!

As a vegetarian, often times at weddings ( especially years ago when he main course for vegetarians was literally steamed vregetables). we would have to make a meal out of the cocktail Hour/ smorgasbord prior to the main meal. Honestly, I sill look forward to that part of the wedding. So much variety. Back I the day, I used to work for a photographer shooting weddings, bar mitzvahs ... Rarely were we given a meal to eat, but we were always welcome the cocktail hour to grab a Bite to eat.

Back
Top Bottom