Anything you eat leave a long after taste.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lawson's Chip Dip is de rigueur around these parts, even though Lawson's was bought out in the mid-1980s by Dairy Mart...and then THEY were bought out by Circle K later on. We have gone through one pint since we got here (with Snyder's of Berlin chips :yum: ) and have a pint to take back with us. The Lawson dip recipe has transferred during these sales along with the ownership of the company! It's a much subtler version of a French Onion dip, and we like it. I haven't tried the copycat recipe yet, but I just might do it this time to see how close it is to the original. Not only is it good for chips and veggie dipping, but it's great as a baked potato topping. Or in mashed potatoes. I've been known to clean the inside of the tub with a small spatula and then clean the spatula with my tongue. :ermm: :ohmy:

...Followed my fave bloggers recipe for the salami chips and it was a disaster.. :ermm:...
Thank you so much for taking the hit, Ross! I've been wanting to try the salami chips but hard salami never goes on sale around here (and if I'm nothing else, I'm cheap) and one deli clerk and I decided that Genoa was still too "wet". I'm sorry it didn't work out.

Well, that sounds good CG,
Think I'll give that recipe a try. I like the baked potato topping idea.

As for the salami chips. They may well be popular with some but, we just thought them a waste of good dry salami.

Ross

Most times the aromas that drift thru the air ducts into my area are mouthwatering - except the burnt garlic smells from the roasting trays. The food itself is great, just the smells that waft thru can sometmies put you off.

Lol, bliss. My dad and uncles wore Royal Copenhagen aftershave, as well as others.
My siblings and I all stank of cheap but ethnocentric aftershave every Sunday after many hello and goodbye hugs and kisses.

But I must protest: for pale blue people such as my family, garlic actually does ooze from our sun-addled thin skins.

What does this royal copenhagen after shave smell LIKE. I know this is a hard question to answer.
Is it perfumy, is it orangey, is it fresh, is it floral, does it bite, is it bitter, does it have moldy notes as in old, is it musty in any way.....I know, hard questions.

lol I was thinking, what kind of cologne should I buy for my husband's birthday and then I thought, Yes, plastic flowers.......you kill me with laughter.

bucky, is there a difference between orange and musk, or the basic or are they all the same?

Liverwurst, onion, and mayo on rye stays with me for a while. My version of a proper Italian sub leaves my breath, um, fragrant:ohmy: for hours after I eat one. I mean, toasted Italian sub bun dressed with EVOO, the rubbed with fresh garlic, fresh-sliced onion, soprasetta, pepperoni, hot capicola, mortadella, sliced bell peppers, black olives, oregano, basil; nothing there that could linger in your belly, on your tongue, on your breath:LOL:. And let's not forget strong cheese added to the mix.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

No mayo, pepp?

Not on a roast beast sammie? Not on turkey?
My mother always called mayo on ham, iceberg lettuce on white a Brooklyn special. Try it sometime. Yous'd like it.

How do you make your mayo? Is it more east or west of the Mississippi style?

I keep getting funky aiolis as gifts, and I like to try them on sandwiches.

Stonewall Kitchens Honey Mustard aioli is fantastic on a turkey sandwich. And I have a horseradish lime aioli that goes great on cold lamb or roast beef.

And before anyone gets panty twisted, I know the difference between mayo and aioli.

Last edited:
Ages ago, on our first trip to Williamsburg, I had a roast beef sandwich at King's Arm Tavern with a spread that was delicious. A combination of mayo, horseradish, and mustard. While I am not sure I have completely duplicated it, we're happy with how my version tastes.

Ages ago, on our first trip to Williamsburg, I had a roast beef sandwich at King's Arm Tavern with a spread that was delicious. A combination of mayo, horseradish, and mustard. While I am not sure I have completely duplicated it, we're happy with how my version tastes.

A great combination. I've done this for years. :yum::)

Ross

How much Mayo?

So guys, when you make your mayo do you make only enuf for that particular recipe? Or a batch for the fridge to keep for a bit?

I had to read that twice. Mayo?

Nay, nay. Mustard on liverwurst and onions on rye.

Mayo goes on ham with lettuce on white bread.

Now, here's how it goes. It should be written on stone tablets.
Chief's condiment Pairings:
  • Mustard, yellow - for hotdogs, kielbasa, ring bologna, bologna, ham, soft pretzels, and beer brats, mac & cheese, potato salad, also for honey/mustard sauce/glaze..
  • Coarse mustard - all of the above, and sharp cheese, corned beef, cold roast beef, ham.
  • Mustard powder - mac & cheese, mixed with ketchup, deviled eggs, as seasoning.
  • Miracle Whip Salad Dressing - BLT on toasted rye, fried bologna, potted meat, liverwurst on toasted white bread with tomato, and sweet onion slices
  • Mayonnaise- used like a mother sauce to make daughter sauces, fried ham & egg sandwich, mortadella with Swiss cheese sandwich, hotdogs, dip for artichoke leaves, tuna salad, chicken salad, potato salad.
    *Tabasco Sauce - on all savory Central, and South American street foods such as tacos, burritos, tamales, etc. Hot wings, Spanish Rice. Franks is too vinegar tasting for me.

And that's my take on those condiments Feel free to disagree. Just understand that I'm right:ohmy::ROFLMAO:.

Mayo on ham and egg? On a hot dog?

Ok, ok, everyone stop pointing at the Chief and using that kind of language.

Mayo on ham and egg? On a hot dog?

Ok, ok, everyone stop pointing at the Chief and using that kind of language.

I'm wishing only the best for you, my brother; a big, fluffy snowball right on the side of your neck so it can splatter under your collar, thrown, of course, by your son. BT puts mustard in his hot chocolate:ohmy:. Let the games begin!:LOL: Oh how it feels good to think like a ten year old again. Just wish I still had that energy.

Ha! I knew you'd say that, so I wore a turtle neck sweater.

Yeah, nothing else. Just a turtle neck.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom