Anyone ever try cooking spaghetti like this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

larry_stewart

Master Chef
I was thumbing through some headlines on the CNN site and came across this. Is was promoting Stanley Tucci's show on Italy.

That's wild. Nice video, but I watched a whole bunch more of them. They just kept coming and they were interesting.

I’ve never made pasta that way. But in my family we would reheat leftover pasta. First heat oil in heavy bottom pan. Add leftover pasta and a bit extra sauce. Stir to coat. Cook on medium heat till bottom of pasta was brown and crunchy. Top pasta with a bit more sauce if you want and a nice layer of fresh grated Italian hard cheese. Carefully flip or slide onto plate and place pan over top and flip. Cook till bottom cheese layer is brown and crispy. You can top with more cheese and/or toasted bread crumbs. Slide onto plate and cut wedges to serve

I'll probably try it cause Im curious.
Years ago I was watching Martha Stewart and she had Alan Alda as a guest. He did a cooking segment and made a pasta dish that was unique ( to me) the way he cooked it. I dont remember exactly what he did, but he basically took raw ziti and mixed it with olive oil and let t sit a bit. Then added canned tomatoes , seasoned it and added to a pan. Covered with foil and baked til pasta was done. I remember liking it. The pasta had aa more chewy consistency than when cooked by boiling..

Actually able to find the recipe / clip

I like the idea of it being done in the oven, I only use the stove top upstairs, so anything I can do down here is great!
Going to have to try that Baked Pasta!

Those links are addictive - pure rabbit warrens!

I'm definitely going to try it ( not sure when).
As far as the baked pasta goes ( the Martha Stewart/ Alan Alda one), that Ive made in the past. I wouldn't say it was the best pasta I ever had, but it was a different texture ( more chewy) which I kinda liked. Also, pretty easy and convenient to make. I think both are the kinda recipes that you dont think will actually work out, but do.

Back
Top Bottom