Anybody Havin' Dinner! ~ 1/2/21

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaneohegirlinaz

Wannabe TV Chef
Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
IMG_0153.jpg

I had quite a bit of Fried Saimin leftover from last night
and decided on another Hawaii-Style Dinner.
Chicken Katsu
My Quick Cucumber Kim Chee (or kimchi, whatever)
and the leftover Noodles
:yum:

That is only HALF of a Chicken Breast that I bought
at the local market. DH said that we should share
just one ... he was right!
So now we have another cutlet for lunch tomorrow :clap:

I had never heard of Bahamian mac & cheese, bakechef. It sounds interesting. I'll check with Himself to see if he wants to give it a try.

We dim-summed the night away.
IMG_20210102_203548849.jpgIMG_20210102_212740683.jpg

I had never heard of Bahamian mac & cheese, bakechef. It sounds interesting. I'll check with Himself to see if he wants to give it a try.

We dim-summed the night away.
View attachment 44795View attachment 44796

My GM is from the Bahamas and gave me the recipe, it a southern style mac and cheese with evaporated milk, cheese, butter, macaroni, and eggs, but with the addition of very finely chopped green pepper and onion with some dried thyme added. Apparently thyme is a very popular herb in the Bahamas. It's one of the few things that I'll eat green peppers in.

We had Linda's Pot o' Pig (I have made changes, since I posted the recipe), with boiled potatoes, and vegis stir fried with some (bottled) green masala and yogourt. This time, I added some rainbow chard to the vegi dish at the end and it worked well. That vegi dish wouldn't have been my first choice to go with the pot o' pig, but I ran out of spoons and it's quick and easy. We had it with Wernesgrüner Pils Legend. i used up the last of those darned pink potatoes.

Attachments

• PXL_20210102_223950219 edited.jpg
    PXL_20210102_223950219 edited.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 41
  • PXL_20210102_224033666.jpg
    PXL_20210102_224033666.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 59
I made steak salads with leftover New York strip steaks, served with homemade focaccia. Looks like I forgot to take a picture [emoji16]

I didn't feel like eating last night. I fell down the steps again when we got home yesterday. My cane slipped because the wood was still damp from the rain.

Double Cheeseburger outside the Bun, Air Fries, Roasted Carrots, Chopped Collards.......... Not the prettiest plate, but very good ....

cHEESEBURGER, NAKED.jpg

Back
Top Bottom